To Buy Or Not To Buy And For How Much?

mattindenver

:laughing6-hehe: if you keep saying things like that,i think you will need to change from spiff to stiff.

LOL, that's funny. But seriously, that much for an 04? I don't care if that thing is still in a crate, way too much. The dealer out here had a brand new candy red 07 in 2010, late 2010, for 7k, wish I would have bought it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new to the site. Love reading the threads they have given a lot to think about. Here is the question. How much should I pay for a 04 vfr with 23 miles (yes 23) and full factory warranty. The shop First offered it @ 9800 I have them down to 9250. Thoughts?

don't buy it- even for 5k you will hate it- unless you want to- buy new seat- exhaust custom tune so it doesn't have an fi problem- new gearing so you don't burn up the clutch under 15mph- track it forget it new suspension front and rear-and that vtech lag - at 70 mph on highway great - twistes that vtech sigh- you just have to ride it then you will get it---- get the previuos gens no vtech -- just my 2 cents----- but i did have one and i sold it-- thats how much i liked it -- i sold it--

Their final offer was 8500. I am gonna back away from it. Again thanks for all of the advice. I think they will be stuck with that bike for a long time. I saw a nice one http://m.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Honda-Interceptor-ABS-(VFR800FI-ABS)-111501443 cycle trader

dude you have a bmw-- lol just get the 1200 bmw-- that may be my last bike go test ride one butter smooth but you already know that--

Guest Recalcitrance

FYI: I bought my '06 with 17K for $5,000.

Needed new tires and chain and was perfect.

Good choice in walking away. That dealer is insane. Best of luck with your search.

All great advice!!! Really! You have given me more ammo. I will try for 7500. I am enjoying the hunt. I think part of being the first owner is making the bike your own. Putting it together the way you want. Shout out to all of you! This has been fun really fun!!

what is the rule for exclamation points? one's to many, and a hundred ain't enough!

• 1 year later...

And my friends RWB 2007 sold for $5500 and he had almost 40,000 miles on it.

Good luck either way.

True story

IMG_2807.jpg

Archived