Sargent Cycle

pyrofitr1368

• Member Contributer

On 9/11 I was out riding. I am a city fire fighter and it was actually 92f in Rochester. I figured it was a perfect day to reflect and get one last summer ride in. I rode around Canadaigua Lake, hit some smaller roads and made it into Prattsburg. I stopped to get gas. I noticed there was extra noise (rattling) from behind me. Much to my dismay....the passenger saddle went rogue and flew away! I backtracked, but went on so many new roads, I couldn't cover all of it. F%$K!!!!!

When I got home I called Sargent Cycle and talked to Bob. This guy is awesome, talk about amazing customer service! He was pleasant and very knowledgable about the VFR's and my ZL1000. We chatted for at least 15min. about just plain life. The bad part was that the piece was $200+, but let's face it....I obviously didn't ensure my saddle was fully locked in and the quality is top notch. Call it a pricey life lesson.

Anyhow, as I promised Bob, I sent his superiors words of praise the next day. Can you believe it, his boss responded back in 30 mins! Who does that anymore!?! I have emailed questions and comments to Arai, Tourmaster, and Scorpion...I have bruises on my head from all the times I passed out...holding my breath. I told Mark at SargentCycles that their saddles were popular on this site. In fact, I purchased my saddle from them instead of Corbin because of guys' recommendations here. By the way, the woman that first answered the phone ( can't remember her name) was just as pleasant and helpfull as Bob.

I received my saddle this morning (9/17)...and they threw in a hat. It is nice to see that there companies and the people in them that still get, appreciate and practice awesome customer service. I know that saddles and comfort are personnal preference, but at least give SargentCycle a good looking at. They have far surpassed my expectations in every way......Just my two cents. Stay safe out there!

Sincerely,

Pyrofitr 1368( Rochester NY, 2000 5th gen.)

• Member Contributer

From all the post I have read, Corbin's customer service blows! According to the people giving their review, it's like they are doing you a favor by selling to you. I also went with Sargent for this reason and like you I had a pleasant customer service experience. I had called to confirm a few things with them and they were very helpful and easy to deal with. I also received a free hat but I think that was part of the promotion deal I was calling them about.

• Member Contributer

Confirm your Sargent experience. Great communication, fast turn around and love the product. Transformed my riding experience from the god awful factory seat.

Archived