Question: Pl257 Hardware

Crewwolfy

Greetings.

I recently picked up a the above side luggage mounting rack. However the set is missing some nuts & bolts. I've found the helpful installation instructions from Givi here:

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/vfr800-99-01/pl257-sidecase-hardware-detail

Under the fitting instructions, the parts are conveniently labeled. Mostly. Anyone knowledgeable on the subject, I'd appreciate some clarification.

#3 M6x55 - Does the pitch matter on this, so long as the nut matches?

#4 M8x35 - Does this have a thread pitch of 1.0 or 1.25?

#6 & #7 - Are these both M6 washers, just different outer diameters? OK to use any M6 washer (not as clean a look)?

#8 - Is this a standard nylon/metal nut? Same pitch as #3.

#9 - What is this? Necessary? Is this a double-nut setup to lock it in place? Ok to use two standard nuts? Or just one with thread locker?

Much appreciated.

So some trial & error in the Home Depot parking lot sorted things out.

#3 M6x40 is juuuuust long enough. Probably should have gone with 45, may make another trip. Considering how tight for space everything is around the muffler mount, I'm somewhat surprised a 55 fits.

#4 M8x35 is more than long enough, and is indeed of pitch 1.25.

#8 simply needs to be the same pitch as #3.

#9. I'm guessing this is here to prevent pinching the foot pegs (making them difficult to adjust).

Can't seem to find my blue Loctite, but I'd recommend using them on all the connections. I put neoprene washers between the two racks, just to keep them pretty. Can't say everything lined up *perfectly* at first, but some manhandling got it there, and the connections certainly are snug. I'll update if something falls off on the highway.. :P

Archived