New Hepco & Becker Topcase

doubled

• Member Contributer

Ever since I got my 06 VFR I've wanted to add an Hepco and Becker Journey 42 litre topcase. I had the same set up on my V-Strom and loved it. The H&B luggage is very well made; I prefer the H&B rack design over all others because it is so well designed and finished, and has added functionality. The top rack also fits with the OEM side bag set up! Most other manufacturers don't.

The only difficulty with H&B is that there is limited distribution in Canada and the U.S. I ordered from "Motobins" in the U.K. (http://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/products.php?prodtypes=14#tabselection). Service was very good.

Here's how the setup looks with the topcase:

VFRHBCase120130612_zpsa8ebe286.jpg

...and without:

VFRLeftfront20130611_zpseeb08d41.jpg

I can fit my size M Shoei (on its side) and there's still room for stuff like shoes, pants, etc.

• Member Contributer

The H&B bags are much much nicer than the GIVI bags I have. I wish they would have made a showing at the Cleveland Bike show years earlier. Built tougher, better seals, better hinges. Just beefier in every aspect. I like the locking mechanism much better as well. Think they are around the same or a little more than the GIVI stuff too. Enjoy them.

• Member Contributer

Thanks.

I looked at Givi but the top rack doesn't work with OEM side case rack. I looked at SHAD but the top rack comes in multiple pieces and isn't as sturdy with a passenger (nice looking bags though and good value). The Honda OEM top rack seems huge and I don't find the design all that attractive. The H&B seems to have the best of all features. The set up cost me about $490 with shipping and took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Archived