Life Is So Good When You Have The Right One

• Member Contributer

On my way home last night, I spot my wife ahead of me in or 4Runner with my step-daughters. Two cars and about a half mile between us when the two cars turn off. Now, there is about 3/4 of a mile to make up. We are on a long straight stretch the local old timers including my Dad and Uncle used to drag race known as Bobtown Stetch, so I decided to have some fun.

If you have not experienced it for yourself, overtaking a vehicle moving at 55mph at around 110-120 is like passing it sitting still.. No really do the math. Ha!

She just waved me round and smiled as I blew past. My youngest step-daughter cracked her up by asking what the speed limit was... 55 she replied. "I think he was speeding..."

Not knowing what wrath I might have earned with my "Maverick" type fly by I awaited their arrival at home.

"You mad at me?"

"Yes!" oooops I thought. "I haven't been on a ride in three weeks..." was all she said with a smile. Which got her a ride and me one too! ;)

• Member Contributer

Oh! Is this the way to do it? Dang! All those years... I'm gonna have to try it to see if it triggers anything...

Nice going Billyjackjimbob!! :fing02::beer:

c

Archived