Can Cbr600 F2 Forks Be Swapped Into A '83 Vf750?

cb1

I see them done on the VF500, but I was curious, as I have a full set with the wheels. I know the wheels can be swapped in, but was curiuos about the forks...

thanks.

--jeff

I've been thinking the same thing, not ever going to be happy with the old 2 pot brake calipers and the small discs so a fork swap would be ace.

From what i understand, most USD forks are too short and your wheel will run into the radiator etc. the 750f forks are about 830mm from top to wheel center, from memory, and there is not really much around to match that length. Also the 39mm stock diameter make it impossible to fit most modern forks, so a tripple tree swap is also required.

sebspeed has used vf100r? (i think) legs on his girl, also with a tripple tree swap for the 1Kr lower and an upper CNC custom from Jamie Daugherty ( i am not 100% sure of these details, look at sebs thread on his 750 build) and i'd say that is an ideal fit with a little messing around to get them sorted and running.

A few other guys here have put, again only from the top of my head, SP1 forks and, i think, 929 uppers and an RC24/26 or was it 51 lowers??? can anyone confirm this? maybe vfrcapn or kel did that to a 1000f and a 1000r.

i was wondering if maybe a Suzuki Bandit 1200 would make a good donor, they seem to have nice long legs, still need to check it out tho...

and then again the sun is out, it is still warm during the day, roads are dry, better just give it some and dream another time.

I have CBR600F2 forks on my CBX and they are 31.5" top to center axle.

As long as you have triple clamps with 41mm bore, you can fit 600F2 forks & wheel with proper spacers.

The rear wheel can be a 600F2 or F3, they have the same caliper but, the swing arm needs to be modified to accommodate the new caliper because they mount completely different than the drag link caliper from the VFR.

For my application I used 1981/82 CB900F triple clamp bored from 39mm to 41mm so I could have a real handle bar instead of clip ons.

20130318_155530-1.jpg

With my lil 86 VFR700F I am considering the same mods using the parts from my CBX because I am going to be putting USD forks on my CBX.

I have seen the F2 swap done. The shorter fork length is of some concern so make sure you check the forks at full compression to make sure the fender & tire clear the radiator & head. You may need to install the fork tops flush with the upper triple to gain extra length, and run a handlebar.

Archived