Two Brothers C4 Round Can Vs. M2 Or M5 Can

On my '94 750 I've got an aluminum round (model C4) Two Brothers slip-on cannister. I've never really liked the AL strap that has the deteriorating fiberglass backing on it. It's rubbed the can a bit, which is no problem to polish up, but since I have the high mount kit as well it now sticks out the back of the bike a few inches.

Two Bros no longer makes this can, and I'm thinking about maybe swapping it for the M2 or M5 oval AL can instead, with their updated rubber strap, which I like as well.

I've never seen one of their M2 or M5 oval cans on this 4th gen. If you have one on yours, or have fotos, I'd love to see it. It looks like I'll have to add their VALE system connector and drop my old springs connector as well.

Right now no aftermarket exhaust company can ship or sell to CA (due to CARB) , but I have a neighbor who works for Two Bros so I'm hoping he can help me out.

Of course if you have the oval can for this bike and want to sell it, I'd listen to that as well.

Frickin California!!! Factorypro has on their web site they will not sell jet kits to Californians. I called them and they told me to order it from the website. I mated a Yoshimura R77 14" to the stock mid pipe, looks and sounds great. Tom H

Two Bros won't even sell me THE STRAP for the can since I live in CA. THE STRAP!!

Way to help business, CA. I say all of the exhaust companies should band together, and tell the State "We already have property picked out in Nevada. We will move x number of employees who collectively make X dollars a year and pay X in taxes to another state if you don't drop this CARB stuff." Make is super clear to the State what they will lose.

• Member Contributer

Just a few thoughts to add to the discussion... In the fall I was looking into purchasing a two bros m2 vale and midpipe for my 4th gen but I was told they weren't making the mid pipe anymore (not sure how that affects your plans with the high mount mid pipe you already have). I do know the vale system has a flange on the midpipe that works with the "x" piece that bolts to the muffler so m2 or m5 vale canisters won't fit just any mid pipe. And I have seen one 4th gen with the m2 vale canister and midpipe and it still utilized springs after the vale attachment because the special rotating clamp under the swing arm 4th gen's have prevented the "x" peice from slipping over the mid pipe.

What I ended up doing (as I found a good deal online) was buying a nice used m2 vale canister with mid pipe from a speed triple, then ordered a midpipe from delkevic, cut the flange off the speed triple mid pipe and got it welded to the delkevic midpipe with the "x" piece already on the pipe. It's not a high mount, so I'm not sure I'm helping here but thought I would share my experiences.

• Member Contributer

I'll PM you a pic... I'm not going to post pics of my project until it's complete. I know, I'm a nerd.

And it's not with stock bodywork, but it might give you an idea of the look :)

• 3 months later...

Archived