Luminescent Paint

VTEC2k8

Hi all -

My Lover (yes, that's my VFR's name) is a beautiful shade of silver, and I'd like to keep the OEM plastics, well, original. But I also would like a unique look, so I'm looking at various paint schemes available through some of the more reputable Ebay fairing sellers (mainly Bliss Star). I've seen a few patterns that I like, but a thought struck me - what about glow-in-the-dark paint? It doesn't get much more unique than that IMO. Does anyone have any experience with it, and have any suggestions for brands?

If it makes any difference, the paint scheme in my head is predominantly matte black with GITD blue flames that would be royal blue in daylight and a medium shade of neon blue at night.

Bliss Star reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/fairing-Honda-CBR-1000RR-1000-RR-CBR1000-CBR1000RR-2006-2007-06-07-set-62-W1-/300898155927?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item460eed7d97

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure that you are going to get a phosphorescent paint which will represent a rich colour when not glowing... The idea sounds interesting none the less, not my taste but each to his own... :biggrin: You can typically source green, red, violet and blue phosphorescent paints and don't forget to turn your Lover around throughout the day so she glows evenly at night...

I'm still waiting to see a Silver paneled 6th gen with Electric blue powder coated wheels and maybe some color matched accent striping.

I've never seen glow at night paint last as well light reflective adhesives on vehicles.

Sorta like..

post-13109-0-33329900-1367765524.jpg

• Member Contributer

All the glow-in-the-dark paints I've had any experience with soak up energy while they're exposed to light. They're returning some of that energy as light all the time but you can't see it until it's dark. Once the light is gone they're depleting the stored energy and the intensity of the glow starts to diminish immediately. Eventually they don't glow at all. I don't know how long a particular paint would continue to glow so if you didn't stay out too late it might still be going by the time you get home. I have my doubts it would be very impressive after a fairly short time.

• Member Contributer

I'm still waiting to see a Silver paneled 6th gen with Electric blue powder coated wheels and maybe some color matched accent striping.

We are on the same page...turning my white front, black rear paneled 7th gen and adding candy blue powder coated wheels & rotors with candy blue painted accent stripping. Turning the grey accent including mirrors to blue. Everthing is at the painters. Can't wait to see my dream a reality

• Member Contributer

We are on the same page...turning my white front, black rear paneled 7th gen and adding candy blue powder coated wheels & rotors with candy blue painted accent stripping. Turning the grey accent including mirrors to blue. Everthing is at the painters. Can't wait to see my dream a reality

+1 now I cant wait .........

• Member Contributer

I've noticed some neon powder coat colors that seem to glow in the dark. The yellow, green, and red/orange come to mind, but no blue...sorry

Here's a good site and might be what your looking for and a better value for your buck

http://www.streetglo.net/

Good luck on your custom journey

Archived