Conti Road Attack 2 Gt/c

jay-d

• Member Contributer

I've outfitted Conti RoadAttack 2's on my bike in 2011 and looks like I need a new rear tire. Front is still going good!

However, Conti released the GT version and a C version, but I can't seem to find any information on the C version.

I see it as an available option from the website that I'm going to purchase it from, but would like to know what the difference is.

I got about 14,000km from the RoadAttack 2 which for me isn't bad at all. I wouldn't mind a little bit more mileage out of it but if the GT or C version sacrifice handling for longevity then I'll stick with the originals.

Can anyone shed some light on the differences?

• Member Contributer

Both are designed to handle heavier loads. The "C" version is a BMW specific version. (Continental is a German company.) Google is your friend.

• Member Contributer

I've Googled for sure.. unfortunately, Continental's website does not display any information when I select the GT version of the tire. It's a blank page :(

Other reviews aren't really reviews, but overviews and state that it's a heavier carcass but does not mention anything regarding handling or grip which is what I'm asking.

• Member Contributer

"C" versions are typically OEM specific fitments. That's all you need to know. It might work for your bike, but why bother? Use the regular version, or if you think you need the GT version for most of the time, fully loaded with two up and bags.

When I bought my 2004 it came with a RA rear and a SportAttack front. One track day and the rear was toast. I don't think they stand up to agressive riding as well as the PR2's.

Archived