Chatterbox Xbi2 Full Face Headset Issues...

5thGenJim

• Member Contributer

I bought one of these used a couple years ago and got limited use out of it. Compatibility issues with older Bluetooth phones... Got a new phone this year only to find that there's a problem with the headset - speakers work fine, but i get no transmit thru the mic. My guess is that the prior owner tweaked the wire near the 3.5mm jack.

Insult to injury - chatterbox no longer makes the full face replacement for this now-discontinued model.... I have a Chatterbox Duo headset on order, but the manufacturer tech support says they're not compatible (same jack, though... Wtf). The X-1 mini headset will work, they say, but is $50+ online.

Question: if they're right and the Duo I have on order doesn't work, I really don't want to spend $50 for another headset. How hard are these to repair? Anyone have a spare full face XBi headset laying around?

• Member Contributer

I have an X1 mini that I just bought and have no plans to use the boom mic (it's brand new in the plastic) -- you want the boom mic (no charge).

Just drop me a PM.

Paul

How hard are these to repair?

Well, the wires are Sofa King thin...

It's not microsurgery, but you make the call on soldering that stuff. :wink:

• Member Contributer

I have an X1 mini that I just bought and have no plans to use the boom mic (it's brand new in the plastic) -- you want the boom mic (no charge).

Just drop me a PM.

Paul

Thanks. But I'm sure the problem is a break at the 3.5 mm TRRS adapter.

How hard are these to repair?

Well, the wires are Sofa King thin...

It's not microsurgery, but you make the call on soldering that stuff. :wink:

Ordered a replacement adapter - should be here in a few days. Will let ya know if the patient lives...

• Member Contributer

The Duo headset, in addition to looking like a cheap piece of crap, did not work. Next up, replace adapter...

• Member Contributer

Replacement adapter did not work out... Selling the unit.

Probably picking up a SENA SMH10-11 shortly.

Archived