Superseded Part Numbers

Guest slither

Guest slither

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1999/VFR800FI+A/WATER+PUMP/parts.html

I'm putting together an order to swap out all of my coolant hoses, however the PartZilla website doesn't seem to designate part numbers that are superseded. For example, at the page above, #14 & #15 have two different part numbers. I checked another website that marked the part numbers that have been superseded, and it appears that the part numbers with "MCW" have been replaced by "MBG"

Should I worry about getting the latest? Cross-check each hose?

MBG is the geardrive 800

MCW is the Vtec 800

common items like the rad hoses are interchangeable between the two bikes for the most part, the differences being bikes that have the wax unit and those that do not. there are additional small diameter hoses that go go the wax unit that the 98 and 99 bikes would not use.

I don't know either, but you should have no problems with the rad hoses. The cooling system is virtually identical save for the Vtec's larger radiators. The hoses route the same way.

Also, when you look at that fiche, there is a "clip, tube" that has a KW7 PCN.

KW7 is certainly not a VFR800, and it just means that that clip was used on a different Honda model as well.

That same clip also is used on Shadows, ST1300s, CBR's and also VFRs.

I found a site that had a pretty good description of the part number components, however it wasn't all that clear to me. I just won't worry too much about it, then.

• Member Contributer

Slither, I just checked on powersportspro.com, the place I buy from. Their fiche shows an umistakable icon when a part has been superceded, and none of these are. Their fiche looks exactly like the one form Partzilla. So apparently none of the parts are out of date.

If I had to guess -- it's just a guess -- maybe the parts are interchangeable. I'm kinda curious now.

Aram

Canuck, it surprises me they would be listed when I select the '99 model year in that case...

Archived