Two Brothers Racing Can Dyno Restriction

Guest sanemancured

Guest sanemancured

My new Carbon Two Brothers Racing can arrived today, very nice indeed. It's a low level one for the panniers, An M2 V.A.L.E. from memory. I've got a P1-x baffle too.

I've got a PCV fitted and my exhaust system has been de-catted. I've also got a BMC filter installed. The bike should be back together this weekend and I'm planning a dyno session to get the fuelling sorted.

I noticed a note in the box saying that you should remove the can for dyno testing as it can overheat :wacko: Is that realistic or a disclaimer that I can safely ignore?

Peter

I would not totally ignore the warning on your new can. I would assume it is manufactured with a special high temp. epoxy. The temp. limits of these products are in the 320 degree f. range. And that is only after the product is heat treated to that temp.

My advise would be to at least let your new can go through several heat up, cool down cycles, to make sure it is cured to its highest temp( in case they dont at the factory).

Beyond 320 degrees the epoxy will start to get soft and eventually deform ( especially if its bumped or touched) Around 400 the epoxy will start to change to a yellowy brown color.

I use the very best of these products on a daily basis. They do have there limits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I bought the same can in Carbon Black, same note, 2 Dyno runs after the Bazaaz and pipe install, no problems at all. I'm still running the Cat, but I wasnt aware of any benefits of removing it either. You should be about 158 HP and 87 Torque at the rear after all is said and done. At least thats where Im at in Vegas. Altitude is about 2000 feet, so you will be better at sea level. Good Luck

Archived