Question For Our Uk Brothers/sisters?

crazybrother

• Member Contributer

Question for our UK brothers/sisters... I have a 2010 VFR1200F here in the states, and was wondering if one of you guy's from the UK could ask your local Honda dealer if I was able to send my ECU over would they be able to Flash it with the new updated File?? Or do they need it on the bike itself? My daughter is going over next month to the East Anglia area... (Ipswich) area and I could have her take it over and have it done then bring it back.

Thanks for any help.

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

Thanks, I know exactly where they are...

• Member Contributer

Just called them.. waiting for a call back from the right guy to speak too. will keep you posted!

• Member Contributer

Right, he called back...

Apparently the connector which is needed for programming the ECU is on the loom. so bike is needed...
Also swapping a ECU to another bike for programming is a no as it ties in with the immobiliser.

Sorry.. Red.

Question for our UK brothers/sisters... I have a 2010 VFR1200F here in the states, and was wondering if one of you guy's from the UK could ask your local Honda dealer if I was able to send my ECU over would they be able to Flash it with the new updated File?? Or do they need it on the bike itself? My daughter is going over next month to the East Anglia area... (Ipswich) area and I could have her take it over and have it done then bring it back.

Thanks for any help.

I had the exact same thought as I am going there in June. Too bad about the answer and even more unfortunate that Honda is not offering the reflash in North America. Those of us with a DCT seem to be stuck with the first and second gear restriction. Sigh.

Thanks for any help.

I had the exact same thought as I am going there in June. Too bad about the answer and even more unfortunate that Honda is not offering the reflash in North America. Those of us with a DCT seem to be stuck with the first and second gear restriction. Sigh.

The ref lash won't cure the 1st and 2nd gear restriction any way.

• Member Contributer

Dobles (www.doble.co.uk) in the UK flashed mine.

Sent it to them, they put it in a donor bike, did what had to be done, and sent it back to me.

Archived