7Th Gen Paint Code?

• Member Contributer

I also like the red side better than the silver, but I would advise you to not try and paint your parts. I would suggest buying the Honda OEM parts with the perfect finish, which is the stock color (not silver) on the UK version of the VFR1200F. Look here: http://www.colorrite.com two part paint for the VFR, and the results were good, but not 100% exactly the same as OEM. The Color RIte color is a perfect match, just dead on, and it does have the metal flake, but it for some reason lacks the "sparkle" of the OEM paint on the tank and fairings. Don't get me wrong, It looks really good, but it just doesn't have the same "WOW" factor as the OEM finish does. This was particularly important for me since I also have the hard bags, and I did not like the visual difference between the side panels and the hard bags, which was noticeable (at least to me) when the bags are mounted and right next to the side panels. Plus, the Color Rite OEM matching paint is a two part paint requiring (1) base coat, (2) color coat, a (3) urethane reducer, and (4) clear coat. Just for half pints of the four will run you $236, which is barely enough to do the two fairings.

Then you need to pay for a good paint shop that knows what they are doing, which was $125 for their time and skill. So in my humble opinion it is preferable to just order the parts pre-painted from the factory to get that matching finish, which is amazing.

I ordered mine from Chiswick Honda in London, www.chiswickhonda.com

The side cowls in Candy Prominence Red are the stock colors for the UK version of the VFR1200F.

77220-MGE-020ZC Cowl, right rear, "R342C" (Candy Prominence Red) 75.84 GBP, or $119.21

77230-MGE-020ZC Cowl, left rear, "R342C" (Candy Prominence Red) 75.84 GBP, or $119.21

If you are ordering from the US, you don't need to pay UK VAT tax, and shipping is around $35, depending on where you are in the US.

Just wanted to update the part numbers. The left rear cowl is now numbered the following:

77230-MGE-010ZC

I'm switching to red panels myself and decided to order the factory panels from England instead of having my silver ones painted locally.

• Member Contributer

I also like the red side better than the silver, but I would advise you to not try and paint your parts. I would suggest buying the Honda OEM parts with the perfect finish, which is the stock color (not silver) on the UK version of the VFR1200F. Look here: http://www.colorrite.com two part paint for the VFR, and the results were good, but not 100% exactly the same as OEM. The Color RIte color is a perfect match, just dead on, and it does have the metal flake, but it for some reason lacks the "sparkle" of the OEM paint on the tank and fairings. Don't get me wrong, It looks really good, but it just doesn't have the same "WOW" factor as the OEM finish does. This was particularly important for me since I also have the hard bags, and I did not like the visual difference between the side panels and the hard bags, which was noticeable (at least to me) when the bags are mounted and right next to the side panels. Plus, the Color Rite OEM matching paint is a two part paint requiring (1) base coat, (2) color coat, a (3) urethane reducer, and (4) clear coat. Just for half pints of the four will run you $236, which is barely enough to do the two fairings.

Then you need to pay for a good paint shop that knows what they are doing, which was $125 for their time and skill. So in my humble opinion it is preferable to just order the parts pre-painted from the factory to get that matching finish, which is amazing.

I ordered mine from Chiswick Honda in London, www.chiswickhonda.com

The side cowls in Candy Prominence Red are the stock colors for the UK version of the VFR1200F.

77220-MGE-020ZC Cowl, right rear, "R342C" (Candy Prominence Red) 75.84 GBP, or $119.21

77230-MGE-020ZC Cowl, left rear, "R342C" (Candy Prominence Red) 75.84 GBP, or $119.21

If you are ordering from the US, you don't need to pay UK VAT tax, and shipping is around $35, depending on where you are in the US.

Glad I wandered into this thread! I want to paint my side cowls red as well. I even bought a rashed r.side from eBay just to have a trial piece to see if I like it without ruining my silver OEM's.

Now I can see the photo on the Brit Honda site - looks great, and I have a P/N to order.

Thanks jtreadway!

Archived