Ecstatic!

Guest coffeebrake

Guest coffeebrake

Ya'll know I've been asking lots of questions about bringing my '86 VFR700 up to date with tires and suspension. The cost and sheer volume of things that have to be done to accomplish it were stopping me. Also, I crashed my Concours in November and was laid up hurt for a long time, then the Connie had to be re-assembled before I could get to anything else.

Well Connie is very ugly but back together and rideable, when a member of the Nighhawk forums of all things brought up a Craigslist add for my dream bike:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/3541435018.html

The seller is a member here and at VFRW and is about to deploy. The bike looks just as good in person, and I think it's going to be a great ride.

Now I've got a cosmetically OK but mechanically excellent VFR700 with 15k on the clock that I love and have to let go...

I can't WAIT to ride this 750, but 900 miles in the cage to go get it were more than I want to think about. I haven't driven a cage so much in the last 12 months as I did today.

Craigslist ad has been removed.

Can ya help us out with a visual??? :comp13:

oops sorry, the CL ad was up there when I posted.

vfr750_zps960c8bb7.jpg

vfr750craigslist_zps567f8ec3.png

It's so different from my crashed and rescued 700. The suspension is actually there! I only smacked it into and out of second to see if it would pop out of second, which of course it didn't. Tomorrow when I'm not road-dazed I'll ride it some more.

I haven't paid this much for a bike since that confounded Harley all those years ago...

Well thanks! But I drove up yesterday and got the bike. Long day driving...I don't own a car and hate driving cages. It's just like riding a bike; if you don't use the skills, you lose them. So driving a cage is actually more challenging for me than riding a bike.

My folks are trying to give me an automatic Miata...I don't own a car for a reason...but they worry. Cars, blech. :dry:

Spent some time in the saddle today. The fine differences in handling become glaringly obvious between the two machines. This modified VFR is exactly what I hoped it would be for performance. It's even better than I thought it would be for comfort. The normal bumps and potholes don't hurt anymore!

Leaning into a corner is no longer an "iffy" event. I'm really happy with the bike and looking forward to taking it to the mountains.

Archived