Best place to hook up a Backoff XP Brake Modulator

Audigier

Hello i have bought this backoff xp thing and im wondering where is the best place to splice the wires and cut to connect the backoff module, i have the wiring diagram and i understand that the brake light wire is the G / Y Wire but i am very confused for the ground as i follow the wiring, the wiring for the grounds is kinda wrong or i dont know check it out.

can you help me out with this??

post-25499-0-39648000-1350336643.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well, they probably just missed when they were making the schematic. Otherwise things wouldn't be working right. I'm sure if you go look on the bike the wires are wired correctly.

• Member Contributer

I don't know how the module is supposed to be wired. If it's supposed to be always on when the bike is on, then splice in on the license plate light. If it's supposed to turn on with the brakes, then splice it in on the brakes G/Y and ground.

I spliced the wiring going to the real lights and located the correct color and wired it, it was quite easy and works as supposed. While testing i noticed the front light switch was not working so I'm working on it, lubed and cleaned it and with my multimeter it test ok, will mount it on the bike tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived