Removed Honda stickers on front fairing and sides?

rich4inMD

Has anyone removed the Honda sticker that's on the front fairing (painted surface) and/or the VFR1200 stickers on the sides? I'd like to do this but not if it will leave an impression in the paint.

• Member Contributer

One way would be to order a replacement sticker (pick the smallest most inconspicuous one), use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up and remove the original and see how it looks. If you don't like it, put the new one on.

I removed the gas tank warning stickers on my ST1300 (glossy black paint), and there is a faint outline left where the stickers were. However we're talking about a 6 year old bike when this was done. Waxing the area made it significantly less noticeable.

• Member Contributer

You can buy some fine buffing compound in any auto store and buff the outline of the sticker out. Then apply some wax and it will be like new. Only w/o the sticker, of course :smile:

• Member Contributer

Or easier yet get some 3M adhesive remover. This stuff will take adhesive off anything and won't hurt the paint

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o01_s00_i00

On older paint this is not enough just to remove the adhesive...like Rice said, using polishing compound with wax is what is needed.

• Member Contributer

Or easier yet get some 3M adhesive remover. This stuff will take adhesive off anything and won't hurt the paint

On older paint this is not enough just to remove the adhesive...like Rice said, using polishing compound with wax is what is needed. But I guess on a 7th gen, the paint might be new enough to not need buffing out...

To be honest, I hate most of those visible "information" stickers.

First of all - the information itself

HISS protection (in Europe) - like thiefs don't know that Honda uses HISS on the old Continent. I think the flashing red light on the dash says enough that you have HISS....

Use "quality" oil - this grade ore higher - do they really think someone who paid 16000 euros/dollars for a bike is going to use olive oil?

Tire pressure: for those who easely forget - put it under the saddle please...

They degenerate - just like your paint (if you like it or not)

At least you can try to protect your paint (waxing, buffing ...)

The first thing I did when I had the bike : Removed them - waxed the surface underneath and enjoyed the clean surface...

On older paint this is not enough just to remove the adhesive...like Rice said, using polishing compound with wax is what is needed.

He has a 1200. How old can the paint be?

• Member Contributer

He has a 1200. How old can the paint be?

Thanks for pointing that out...I don't know what came over me! LOL. I was just giving personal experience for anyone reading the thread that had a not so new bike...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

You have to be sure they are over the clear coat! Look closely at the edges and confirm that there is a hard edge, not a pooling of clear. I used a product called goof off to remove the left behind adhesive. I have a gen 5 and felt the VFR decal looked cheesy so i am replacing it with a simple Honda and HRC below it on the lower main fairing. Just something as to not look too bland. Some chemicals will easily remove adhesives but may soften the clear. Do not use Acetone .

Definitely use the 3M Adhesive Remover spray. Forget the hair dryers, fingernail scraping, funky solvents, and all the citrus based "Goo Gone" kinds of crap. Spend the $10 bucks and buy a can, then spray it on, wait ten seconds, and Voila! No decals, no residue, no damage, done.

• Member Contributer

Definitely use the 3M Adhesive Remover spray. Forget the hair dryers, fingernail scraping, funky solvents, and all the citrus based "Goo Gone" kinds of crap. Spend the $10 bucks and buy a can, then spray it on, wait ten seconds, and Voila! No decals, no residue, no damage, done.

First time hearing of this product, Thanks!!

Archived