4th gen body plastics

Guest MonsterVFR

Guest MonsterVFR

I just bought a 95 vfr 750f, and am trying to find some body plastics for it. It was laid down on its right side, and i would like to replace as much of it as I can. I was wondering if anyone here would know any good places to find some? Its a bit of a project bike for now, but I would like to get things done as fast as my busy schedule will allow. The Air Force keeps me busy, and this has always been a dream of mine. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Monster

• Member Contributer

Original plastics on a 4th gen are very expensive and hard to get. The best experience I've had in sourcing new, OEM plastic is from David Silver Spares. Keep an eye on Craigslist and eBay, you may run across some plastics, but running across an unblemished piece is an exception to the rule. Also bear in mind that the refinish is a tricoat, so if you round up plastics and want to recondition/refinish (if repair is required), it may be worthwhile to repaint as a set for the best match.

There are a couple of aftermarket reproductions from fiberglass, namely AirTech and Thurn, which would save you some money. Not exactly plug-and-play, but with some preparation, they could be a practical alternative.

• Member Contributer

AIRTEC SUCKS!!!!

SUCK! SUCK SUCK! BY GOLLY THEY SUCK!!

NEVER EVER EVER buy airtec!!! THEY SUCK !!!!

they take forever to arrive!!!

the stuff shipped from hong kong shows up faster!!

they arrive broken 1/2 the time and they will NOT send you a new one..nor do they stand behind their products! :pissed:

the only way i would get airtec is if the ONLY choice in the world to get what i REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT...then reinforce the crap with more seaglass mat on the inside. angry.gif

in other words.. unless your willing to give up girls for the rest of your life to get a perfect vfr.. dont buy airtec.

so.. did i make my feelings clear enough??? huh.gif

buy a plastic welder from harbor freight and practice!

Archived