Need tips for mounting soft saddlebags on my 6th gen vfr800

Audigier

Hello, i bought a set of soft saddlebags, and it also comes with a center bag that goes on the rear seat but thats not the problem... I am trying to figure how to mount them because my bike has grab rails and the velcro straps that go side to side on top of the seat (or under?) i dont know how to route them so they have enough grip, i want some directions like if i should mount them from under the seat and if i should route the velcro straps behind, above or under the grab rails, i tried some ways but didn't liked very much the results,

the PO is shipping me the oem hard saddlebag mounts, im wondering if those should help to mount the soft saddlebags at least to strap them to them and preventing the soft saddlebags from going too close to the exhaust. ( i have no idea how the mounts look like )

i was hoping someone could share some pictures with me of their setup, my bike is a 2002 vfr800 US model, im attaching some pics of what i have.

by the way, i just repainted the bike :P decals are custom made on reflective and chrome vinyl.

img0955iv.jpg

img0959lp.jpg

img0970vu.jpg

img0971qb.jpg

img0972s.jpg

img0974mz.jpg

img0969n.jpg

I have givi soft bags, the velcro straps go over the pilon part of seat (lengthend properly) so the weight of bags pull the straps tight...bags sit agains side rear plastic panels, i had to get bungie coard to wrap under seat / fender to secure back part of bags and then mine has two straps on front of bags that i tie down to rear foot pegs. I will try and take a pic of my setup for you

I have a pair of Cortech Sport Bags that are almost identical to yours, and I mount them similar to how JayJay described. Velcro straps over the seat and the grab handles with the deeper part of the bag towards the front. The small strap at the front goes around the passenger footpegs, is looped through itself then clipped back onto the bag. For the small straps at the rear, I just pull them around the reflectors on the side of the rear fender.

The neoprene on the bike-side of the bags is gentle on the painted surfaces, and heat hasn't been an issue with the stock exhaust. Some does transferred into whatever is in the bags but not so much as to be a concern.

I'll also try to get some pics for you this weekend.

I have the cortech bags too and did not like the bags to rub against the bike.

So, I came up with these aluminum brackets that go from the passenger pegs to the license plate.

This worked for me as you see in the pictures below.

DSC03385.jpg

DSC03384.jpg

Thanks, i downloaded a few pictures and will try again, im also getting a hard bag that the PO had around, the other whereabouts are unknow probably broken, is it easy to get a single bag from some other forum member that probably also lost one and kept the other? the PO is sending me the oem hard bag and mounting hardware for both sides.

Archived