I'm back, Proud New Owner... 2010 VFR 1200F

• Member Contributer

Here's the full post with pic's at the bottom. I'm very happy with this bike, it's my 4th VFR, I first had an '87 then an '05, that one was totaled in an accident, so I searched for her replacement and found a Black '06 with ABS. Just sold her back in May and now I have this... :tour:

http://www.vfrdiscus...-s/#entry852468

Now, the question is what MOD's do I need to do right away? And what MOD's should I look into?

Thanks

Way to go !!! GLad you got hooked back up with another VFR. AWesome pics of your bike with your daughter as well - she'll love riding with you!!

• Member Contributer

Thanks Ken.

I actually looked at a Ducati Multistrada too... Very seriously, but at $23,000 OTD wow way to much money, I got this one for $12640.00 OTD, much happier with this choice and I still have $10,000 in my savings. Needless to say the wife was much happier too :rolleyes: I'm going to get some side cases next. I also wanted to get the OEM Heated grips, but man are those things expensive $300.00 :ohmy: Does anyone know where I can find them cheaper?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Congrats on the new bike. Just curious, what dealer did you buy from?

Thanks, Huntington Beach Honda. They were great, gave me an OTD price over the phone, picked me up from the Airport, had the bike ready (full tank of fuel). And away I went all the way home, via the coast.

• Member Contributer

Looks like Huntington Beach Honda is a Powerhouse dealer, same as Hollister Honda where I bought mine, which means they get volume pricing and access to inventory not available to ordinary dealers. People in the bay area (on SBR forum) have a fondness for Hollister Honda which gave extra discounts to the local forum members. Glad you got a great deal.

• Forum CEO

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/61365-veefalo-mods/#entry720586

My mods above, I like the looks of the symtec heated grip controller, and they stand behind thier product, replaced my controller almost 2 years after I bought it! They admitted it was not putting out the right amount of heat and redesigned it and gave me the newly designed one, much cheaper then the OEM unit and it looks better in my opinion.

• Member Contributer

if you are thinking of the OEM Top box them either make sure you get the new larger size 45 Liter or get a givi. I regret the small size bag that I paid to much for that honda sells.

Shawn

I found the cheapest prices on OEM parts here:

http://accessories4bikes.com/

I don't have any skin in the game, just a satisfied customer. They are a little slow, but worth the savings.

They were able to get the 2010 Honda tank bag that the dealers don't have in their catalog. The top box and rack are $300 cheaper than other places. Good luck!

ß!

Archived