leaking fuel lines, want to replace all fuel hoses

I'm asking this question mainly for a friend who has a 96 VFR who has to replace all his fuel hoses! I was told he put aviation fuel in the tank, ran it, but then then allowed the bike to sit for several months. He claims he had no fuel leakage until he recently fired the bike up. He ran the engine long enough to warm up the engine, then his fuel lines developed leaks at several different locations. My friend now wants to replace all his fuel hoses, but he's can't get the correct hoses. Several hoses are small curved formed hoses, some are different sizes, some hoses appear to be special, and some change from one size to another. He noticed major problems around the fuel filter. Your suggestions would be appreciated, especially from those who have replaced their leaky fuel lines.

• Member Contributer

I think I've got a combination of hoses on my '93 FP, but the ones I really like are the 3/8" ID clear fuel lines I sourced from an Aircraft Spruce distributor in the UK. However, I'm also using a Facet fuel pump, my OEM one having given up the ghost...

Ciao,

I have an obsessive compulsive need to replace all rubber parts on any old bike I buy. Having said that, I've replaced every fuel/evap line on my 93 last year. You'll likely have to go thru ronayers.com or local dealer and order whatever OEM lines are still available. then anything not available, use 3/8 inch bulk low pressure line from your local auto parts store. You might have to get creative if theres some bends in the lines that the bulk fuel line can't manage. good luck

Archived