Buell Pegs on my veefalo (7th gen)

• Forum CEO

Lower Foot Pegs

So NO, is the answer to your question right off the bat Buell pegs DONT fit right out of the box, but you can MAKE them fit with some careful grinding! YES the rear set is all scratched up from the removable armor screw on my Sidi boots, and I tried putting tape on the screw head but it did not work. OH WELL

I bought the bike a couple of years ago and noticed that the foot pegs were a bit high up for me and just at the right position to cause knee pain, I found out they dont fit too well they are a bit too thick to just fit right in but over all the shape is right. I put them in a box and left them there for a couple of years. After having some severe knee pains over the Tmac weekend pushing the bike into the corners I decided I better revisit this. I tried to get a set of BLS peg lowering kit but He does not have any made for the 7th gen and he needs a whole bike to get the job done so he can best see how to go about it, just sending him my rear sets would not give him the opportunity to really get the fit and finish right.

So I dug up these buell pegs and took a crack at them, first thing I did was get out a 180 grit round sandpaper disk and fitted it to the rotating sander - it sort of looks like this

850180_400.jpg

I went at it with gloves on cause the peg is metal it got very hot and I took off about 1/16 of an inch on the top of each peg until it was able to slide into the rear set, but the dowl holes did not line up so back to the sander to round off the ends just so, so that they lined up to get the peg through and was able to rotate properly and flat with the ground, that took a bit of doing and fine tuning the sanding part, I just took a little off at a time and then dry fitted it till it was just right. So now I have lower pegs and hopefully less pain when I ride the bike hard! I put the spring on and tested them to make sure they flex too.

Ground down the top of the Buell Pegs

Compared to OEM pegs

Lower Foot Pegs

Adjusted the top of the shifter to lower the petal

Lowering the Brake Petal

Nice. Real nice. I had an XB9s Lightning and am familiar with the pegs. I'm only 5'8", but still notice the legs getting a little tight on a long ride. My previous VFR's seemed to have better leg room........or, I'm just getting older. This may be a project I explore as well. Thanks Boss.

Ride safe.

• Forum CEO

To be more specific the footpegs are for a Buell Firebolt xp, I got them on ebay and they have different aftermarket ones with longer steps for even more drop, these ones I put on were genuine Buell relaxed pegs, but like any bike aftermarket stuff comes in different sizes colors and such. Still will need to grind away some material to fit the slimmer honda rear set mount points.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=buell+footpegs&_sacat=&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=buell+footpegs++FIREBOLT+XB&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

Archived