Going back to my ghetto center stand

TiN

Found that the OEM center stand is better suited for oil and rear tire changes so looks like I'm going back to my old school 40 dollar Home Depot special that was built when the Pitbull stand was just a twinkle in its father's eye. Guess I will try to post my OEM in classifieds and see if anybody wants it.

Photo0452-1.jpg

Photo0453-1.jpg

Photo0455-1.jpg

Photo0457-1.jpg

Found that the OEM center stand is better suited for oil and rear tire changes so looks like I'm going back to my old school 40 dollar Home Depot special that was built when the Pitbull stand was just a twinkle in its father's eye. Guess I will try to post my OEM in classifieds and see if anybody wants it.

Photo0452-1.jpg

Photo0453-1.jpg

Photo0455-1.jpg

Photo0457-1.jpg

I might be interested. How much are you asking?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

The OEM stand is BETTER suited then why are you going back to the homemade stand?

My bad for explaining wrong. OEM is better suited only for doing oil changes and stuff. When I have to start tearing the bike apart and really yanking on it with a front fork stand the bike is a little unstable. Had a few close calls of the bike tipping when trying to do in depth work with the OEM stand in place and a front fork stand.

I put mine up on the center stand and my Pit Bull front stand for a tire change. It was dead stable. Better than I expected. It did sit nose high and look unsightly, but, it was stable.

Though I havent tried it, I think I would like the pitbull better than oem. Oem is great for what it is and is easy to get the rear up and down. It was just real unstable with a front fork stand.

Archived