Spring ride with my Z-Bomb today......

Low 60's here today (MI). Not really spring yet, but, feels like it. My 6 year old solo'ed her bicycle today! No more training wheels.....woo hoo!!!!! Took a little ride on the VFR as well. First time since installing the Z-Bomb in January (still too cold and yucky to ride then). Uh, first off, I love this bike! The brakes are perfect. It does it all........right! Second, well.......why did Mutha' Honda hamstring this thing? The throttle makes sense now. You don't notice the neutered powerband MOST of the time. However, when it is gone, it all clicks. Can you do something stupid and hurt yourself with a full clip of throttle in your gun? Yes. Is it obvious and works extremely well with it's balls still intact? Yes! I don't get why they clipped 1st and 2nd, but, I'm glad it is gone. I do miss reading 1 and 2 on my gear position indicator, but, not enough to pull my Z-Bomb off and sell it. I like it. Buy it.

Ride safe all.

Mark

Exactly how I felt when I got my bike back from Bazzaz! ...for the life of me, I cannot figure out WTF Honda was thinking when they ruined this bike in1st and 2nd gears!!!

Zen,

You should contact one or several of the Bike Rags and let them review your VFR Un-neutered!

Like to see what they think of it in it's true form! :tour:

I've actually been on test rides with Mitch Boehm and Tim Carrithers for Motorcyclist Magazine (I know Mitch isn't with the mag anymore) ...but I'm not letting any of those guys on my bike; I've seen the way they abuse them! lol

...actually, if any of them wanted to give a deneutered VFR a proper evaluation, I'd let them ...but I'd have to ride along on something to keep an eye on things; I just don't know that I want to go out of my way to extend the offer!!!

They really can be *that* hard on a motorcycle. I watched an unnamed tester stand up while riding, and push the kickstand down into the pavement in a shower of sparks just for grins; and this was not untypical of the behavior for the day!

• Member Contributer

Zen,

You should contact one or several of the Bike Rags and let them review your VFR Un-neutered!

Like to see what they think of it in it's true form! :tour:

I've actually been on test rides with Mitch Boehm and Tim Carrithers for Motorcyclist Magazine (I know Mitch isn't with the mag anymore) ...but I'm not letting any of those guys on my bike; I've seen the way they abuse them! lol

...actually, if any of them wanted to give a deneutered VFR a proper evaluation, I'd let them ...but I'd have to ride along on something to keep an eye on things; I just don't know that I want to go out of my way to extend the offer!!!

They really can be *that* hard on a motorcycle. I watched an unnamed tester stand up while riding, and push the kickstand down into the pavement in a shower of sparks just for grins; and this was not untypical of the behavior for the day!

That's what happens when you don't own something. It becomes nothing more than a rental car or house, not your problem when something breaks. On the flip side, it's easy for a reviewer to oooh and aaah about a given bike because they don't have to deal with the problems of ownership, just ask a lot of Ducati owners.

Rode 200+ miles today. I really like the linear power curve in all gears. It's how it should have been. My gas mileage has gone down a bit, but that is probably because I am using my 1st & 2nd gear acceleration a little more. I like the change. Well worth 70 bucks and 4 minutes. Ride safe all.

Mark

PS. I do miss my 1st & 2nd gear indicators a bit, but, not enough to take the Z-Bomb off.

Archived