Valve noise or Rotating Assembly?

Guest thesantaman

Guest thesantaman

Just got the bike running after probably 15 plus years... no surprise the engine is making excessive noise..However I can't tell if it's valve noise or the lower rotating assmebly

If I had to guess I would say valves.. but I could use some opinions.

Also my rpm meter doesn't work for some unknown reason... When I purchased the bike the owner said that one of the "computers" as he put it was bad. I think he meant cdi box and does that measure your rpms?

Here is the video:

I just ended up doing the valves regardless. It seems to be the problem, I started it up and it's much much better. They were way out of spec. The bike wasn't ran for about 20 years. Now it sounds really good.. I have to throw in a new float in one of the carbs, but after i'll repost a video.

Uhmmm...VF750?? watch out for possible cam wear/oiling problems on the bike caused by bad manufacturing/design by Honda. There are cam oiler kits that were available to help avoid these problems if the previous owner had not installed one on it. Check the cam faces and followers for any pitting and wear.

Beck

95 VFR

Yeah everything looked really good, no pitting that I could see. I am going to invest in a nice oiling kit. Just going to find the right one first.

Archived