ZG windscreen pics

Guest almostcyborg

Guest almostcyborg

Hi ! I've looked on google images to find a ZG db windscreen in dark smoke color but with no succes.

I'm on the verge to buy a windscreen for my '96. I like the look of zg db, but here in Romania, there is no dealer, and i couldn't find one on ebay.

I have a MRA dealership here, but sincerely i don't like the looks of the spoiler type windscreen.

I've talked to a dealer from Spain and Netherlands, and they will send it here for 110 euro, a bit much, but what can i do.

Does somebody have some pics with the dark smoke (and light smoke) mounted on the 4 th gen, so i can make up my mind ? Or maybe some other windscreen advices for a portier look ?

Thanks !

• Member Contributer

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

I will look for more when I get home, go for it, I love(d) When I totaled the bike i replaced it with a cheap knock off.... I am getting another zero gravity before spring.

Gary

Thanks for the pictures ! I will probably stay with the light smoke choice. I don't think this item will give me the problems that the chinese one gave me when i had to install it :).

All the best !

• 2 months later...

I got a "Touring" screen, I love it!

photo1us.th.jpg

dscf1747v.th.jpg

How tall are you? i'm 6'4" and was looking for a taller screen for my longer rides. Does this push the air directly onto your helmet? I know sometimes taller can result in more helmet wind noise. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I got a "Touring" screen, I love it!

Yeah what screen is that?..., its not the zg touring or mra, ive owned and sold both of those. My guess is is skidmarx flip-up tall from the UK??

Me wants

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a new after market tinted windscreen as seen in my first photo of E-bay for around $26.00 including shipping. It's rather dark. Actually you really can't see through my windscreen, but after 30 minutes of riding in the mountains, I got use to it. The screen helps to keep the wind and bugs off me. The second photo shows my E-bay windscreen, and my last photo show my original windscreen, just prior to being removed. The new windscreen's single rear AFT mounting tabs had to be remove to fit to the fairing's contour. The black inside windscreen covers did squeeze my windscreen tight enough, so I have no other fitting problems. If the screen were too loose, a small shim would quickly fix that problem. I've driven my bike for over a thousand miles, some at high speeds with no problems. Generally speaking, I'm pleased with my replacement windscreen. By the way if anyone is in need of a new rear custom epoxy fiberglass seat cover, then please feel free to contact me!

post-22834-0-88034900-1335581079.jpg

post-22834-0-99983500-1335581122.jpg

post-22834-0-05340900-1335581148.jpg

Archived