fotodadi

• Member Contributer

Just got and installed the Orange M202 TMPS. The unit displays sensor battery voltage also so you know when your sensors are getting shot. Orange Electronics also sells sensors alone so its very easy to replace the sensors individually. Monitor unit appeared EXTREMELY water resistant and draws power from the bike. From all indications, the best after-market unit I have used.

The monitor units is supposed to be Velcro mounted but I was able to improve and used the mount from my old ZADI TPMS.

There are 3 modes for the monitor to display info:

Mode 1: only pressure

Mode 2: only temperature

Mode 3: alternate between pressure and temperature every 3 to 5 seconds

Toggle between 2 units for temperature and 3 units for pressure

Display flashes red if any of the preset low/high trigger conditions for pressure/temperature is reached.

Tyre sensors are installed INSIDE the tire/wheel and do not show from the outside.

Had a chat with an Orange Electronics Sales guy with regards to mode of operation. Exerts from the chat:

ME:One quick question...technical though; are the sensors always on (ie transmitting data)? My understanding is that generally, sensors go "off" when the wheel doesn't turn for a while and "wakes up", coming back on, when the wheel starts turning. Looking forward to yours! I ask this because I noticed that even when my bike had be standing for a while (3hours), with wheels motionless, the receiver unit picked up the pressure and temp from the wheel sensors when put on.

OESP:The way the sensors work – the battery life does not begin until the sensors are pressurized inside the tire. After they are activated with pressure and the battery life begins, they measure pressure and temperature info every 3 seconds and transmit that info every 30 seconds whether the wheels are rotating or not. The sensors have a battery life of 3 years.

ME: Another question though; after the first time the sensor is pressurized and comes on, does it go off when there is no more pressure.....can the sensors be stored again.

OESP:After speaking with our engineer, the sensors should stop transmitting a signal (and save battery) once removed from a high pressure situation. So for example, if you were able to either dismount the sensors on the wheels not being used or deflate the uninstalled tires to a very low level - they shouldn't transmit a signal.

Pictures below are worth a thousand words

post-15902-0-01137300-1323260670.jpg

• Member Contributer

My rub with these is that I love my 83 degree angled aluminum valve stems...

Thanks for the review though...come back when you've put some miles/time on them and report please!

• Member Contributer

My rub with these is that I love my 83 degree angled aluminum valve stems...

Thanks for the review though...come back when you've put some miles/time on them and report please!

Forgot to mention, the valve stems end up being even shorter than the stock then installed so there's no chance of them rubbing or hitting the rear wheel caliper on the 800s. Also, since I got mine, I have installed on 5 bikes in total for friends and we have a combined mileage of over 10+km so I guess they are not bad.

I have however noticed the "monitor" fail to acquire the signal from the sensors once or twice. This problem was always solved by cycling the ignition.

• Member Contributer

Is it possible to add a 90 degree "extension" to the valve stem? Seems it would need some sort of locking nut...

• Member Contributer

A picture of the valve stem on the front wheel of my R1200GS is attached here. The VFR is not close by to take a picture but the valve stem is no higher than it is here.

post-15902-0-47874700-1323330641.jpg

Archived