Any experience with Shinko Verge

Guest daemontrym

Guest daemontrym

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?94125-New-Shinko-011-Verge-Radials-Installed

This is the only real report of the new Shinko Verge which looks pretty interesting.

Wondering if anybody had any experience with this tire or tire brand before. I have heard good and bad, but never really tried them myself.

Pretty much just curious to get some feed back being a full time student and the bang for buck ratio.

The price on the rear is high(could be cheaper else where)...... The front is priced ok, though.

The tread(sypes) don't look that good for wet work.

• Member Contributer

I put about 2500 miles on a set of Verge before I pulled them off for a long trip. They seemed to be wearing at an acceptable rate. I figure that I could easily get 5000 out of the rear which is good for me. I ran them through lots of rain including some freezing rain with good results. I never got up to the Ozarks with them so was only able to push them at about 7/10ths and never gave any indication of slipping. Turn-in is surprisingly good. Front and rear took about a 1/4oz of weight. They were only a few bucks cheaper than Michelin PR2's at the time..

I know of three people who recently had Shinko 009 Raven front tires delaminate. All of which were bought about the same time. Shinko replaced two that I know of. Looks like they need to rethink their QC.

• Member Contributer

I saw this & thought I would chime in here is a link to check out

http://www.vfrdiscus...__fromsearch__1

I also picked up a set of Ravens & some 712's for my CX500 commuter. I have been happy with them they seem to be a good tire. They were very reasonable! I mounted them on the VFR 4-30-11 @ 76,805miles am now at 84,344 and have been happy with them, I have had no issues with them at all! I am not the fastest rider or farthest leaned over, just an average rider. I have in the past run Pirelli Diablos & could get about 16k out of a set (I think our mild climate here helps)

Yikes I would be worried about delmanination here because I live in the south east valley of Az. In the summer it gets up to 117-118 degrees out here. I

Archived