Cycle Guys FastPack Tailbag

CharlesW

• Member Contributer

Charles,

I have been using the FastPack Tailbag for the last 3 years. It works well for me to take my lunch or a change of clothes to work.

The fabric and the zippers have held up well. The TailPack has no side supports so if it is not full or zipped down it will move around a bit side to side.

I enjoy being able to use it on the 800 when I do not have the bags on or latley it has been on the 400 as I have no luggage for this bike.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any quaestions.

Craig

• Member Contributer

Charles,

I have been using the FastPack Tailbag for the last 3 years. It works well for me to take my lunch or a change of clothes to work.

The fabric and the zippers have held up well. The TailPack has no side supports so if it is not full or zipped down it will move around a bit side to side.

I enjoy being able to use it on the 800 when I do not have the bags on or latley it has been on the 400 as I have no luggage for this bike.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any quaestions.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you!

That's just the information I was looking for.

The lack of rigidity I was expecting and would have no problem with. (At least I don't think I would) :smile:

I will probably only use it to hold a jacket liner and an extra pair of winter gloves.

The durability had mixed reviews from what I could find and for the price, I wasn't wanting something that fell apart right away.

3 years seems to get past the "right away" thing.

One thing I didn't care for was the fake carbon fiber top. I e-mailed Cycle Guys and they said that was the only finish available. Is it noticeable or does it blend in with things?

• Member Contributer

I dont notice the carbon fibre look on the top any more.

I'm not sure whether thats because its faded over time or it was never a glossy finish.

post-3147-0-13925200-1317764528_thumb.jp

post-3147-0-97618600-1317764607_thumb.jp

• Member Contributer

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the pictures. :fing02:

The bag looks good and the fake carbon fiber doesn't jump out at you at all.

If someone didn't know about carbon fiber, they would just think the material had a pattern to it.

I think I could live with that.

Archived