Good Comm Unit?

Guest Ike

Hey all, I was just wondering what are some of the better bluetooth units on the market. I would imagine that the 300$ a pair ones are great, but are there any that would be a bit less and do a great job?

• Member Contributer

Chatterbox xBi2 is cheaper but isn't as well reviewed. If you're looking for the best combo of Bluetooth for wireless connection to devices and FRS for bike to bike comm... Chatterbox also does one of those. Forget the label they put on it though.

• Member Contributer

Mine are the Sena units. You can find them easily on Amazon.com . My only complaint is that with 33dB reduction earplugs in, I can't get enough volume out of the speakers for good music listening at speed. I can still hear voice comm well enough though. I recently bought a different mounting that lets me plug in earphones with or without speakers, so I'm going to try that on an upcoming trip.

• Member Contributer

The Cardo Q2 is a good unit, too. A little older technology, and cheaper, than the G4. I love mine.

The Q2 is a good unit as well, shorter range than the G4 and no FM radio i think...

Archived