new micron low mount on 97

Guest peimei

Guest peimei

bought this new from the micron store a few days ago and the middle bracket lands right on this strip thats riveted to the side :blink: am i just to tired to figure this out?

pch471.jpg

pch472.jpg

pch473.jpg

pch474.jpg

I know I'm not much help on this, but I purchased a micron low mount for my MC a while back. Only difference is mine came with a metal bracket instead of your metal band. The bracket bolted into the track that's riveted on the back of the muffler, then angled up to bolt onto the rearset/footpeg. I could take a pic, but not sure that would help much seeing that you have that band. Hopefully someone else may have an answer, or at least a better way to mount this up with what you have.

Man thats sucks, i emailed the micron store and they emailed me back already, hope they can ship out the correct stuff soon.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

My D&D bolts on directly to the stock locations but I think I would agree with Hoyle2001 that maybe you have an incorrect bracket/band. Looking at the bracket riveted onto the muffler, I would think there may be a different style attachment that you are missing. Glad to know it isn't just me that runs into these mind benders that make me feel like an idiot only to find out later that I don't have these pieces required to finish a project.

Either cut that part/area so the strap is flush, or get a bigger strap, or get a bracket that will allow for it to be bolted. Even if they don't have one, you can get one made.

Either cut that part/area so the strap is flush, or get a bigger strap, or get a bracket that will allow for it to be bolted. Even if they don't have one, you can get one made.

Hellz no, i better get a refund before i start trimming, lol.

• Member Contributer

My TBR came with a strap, but it never held the pipe good enough so I made a bracket similar to the one on your Micron. Works much better than the strap ever did, and doesn't hide that purdy carbon fiber.

If it were me I'd see if you can get the correct bracket from Micron to use that riveted mount. If you can't I'd make one, and toss that strap in the spare metal bin.

Archived