will a VFR750 '96 rectifier fit a VFR750 from '92?

Guest teomac

Guest teomac

Hi everybody! I hope it's not a problem that my first post is here. Been a VFR owner for a while and member of this forum for a short time. I live and commute on a VFR daily...well, until the rectifier almost set my bike on fire! Really, that's how much smoke it put out! So please those knowledgeable enough tell me whether a 1996 VFR750 model (used ofcourse) could fit my 1992 VFR750? THANKS!

• Member Contributer

Yes it will work but in all honesty you really need to replace the wiring harness as well. I would also advise using a more heavy duty aftermarket R/R versus any OEM unit. Check out the link below.

http://www.wiremybike.com/index.php?cPath=1_16&osCsid=288a2156596fcf9fa61dc963937be703

Rollin

Yes it will work but in all honesty you really need to replace the wiring harness as well. I would also advise using a more heavy duty aftermarket R/R versus any OEM unit. Check out the link below.

http://www.wiremybike.com/index.php?cPath=1_16&osCsid=288a2156596fcf9fa61dc963937be703

Rollin

Thank you! This really helps, I appreciate. I would set out to check the wiring as well.

• Member Contributer

Is the R/R you have a flat pack or does it have cooling fins?

If the former, you may want to add a heatsink...

HPIM2330.jpg

• 1 month later...

Is the R/R you have a flat pack or does it have cooling fins?

If the former, you may want to add a heatsink...

HPIM2330.jpg

Sorry, I wasnt aware of your post since I've also gotten the problem fixed. Yes, the one I got has the fins and it's from a '96 model. So far it works! Thanks for your input though!

Archived