5th Gen High Mount Question

Guest Talltree

Guest Talltree

I recently purchased a new Two Brothers carbon fiber can for my 2000 VFR and would like to have a high mount installation. Where in the world can I find a mid pipe to do this? Also, will the existing clamp and springs work or will I need additional hardware or modifications to compete the high mount installation? Thanks for any help or advice you can render.

• Member Contributer

I recently purchased a new Two Brothers carbon fiber can for my 2000 VFR and would like to have a high mount installation. Where in the world can I find a mid pipe to do this? Also, will the existing clamp and springs work or will I need additional hardware or modifications to compete the high mount installation? Thanks for any help or advice you can render.

Mine came with the ally one installed so I can't help witht the details. I'd give TB a call and see if they can help.

Two Brothers

• Member Contributer

Two brothers stopped making the high-mount version for the 5th gen quite a few years ago, so it would probably be tough to get the mid-pipe from them.

I suppose it's possible that another brand of mid-pipe might be adaptable, but that would take a lot of research.

Given your geological location, I would suggest finding an exhaust fabricator who has a good reputation, preferably one who has experience in working with stainless steel, and have them make one for you.

If getting it made out of stainless is too costly, then you could opt for standard materials and have it powder-coated black or silver.

• 7 months later...

Late to the party.. but Hindle makes a high mount mid pipe for the 5th gen.

I am actually in the process of sourcing the part #.

Sent Hindle an e-mail yesterday.

• Member Contributer

You can buy 308ss in 6ft lengths on ebay for about 30 bucks. You can find almost anything on there. be careful what you ask(search) for!

Another option for raw stock is www.mcmaster.com/

Just search for stainless steel tubing and downselect your requirements. Make sure to check the "bendable" box or the temper may be too hard to bend without failing. You will need to know your exact dimensions as well; outer diameter and wall thickness.

Good luck on the high mount!

• 4 months later...

these days the only option is hindle and even then you have to tweek it a bit urself. unless you can find a mid pipe and can for sale... which is rare. i tried the muffler shops, a waste of time, was looking into hindle - link and part number on vfrworld when i lucked out on a remus set up, used their mid pipe slotted a 3" long pipe as a connector to my two brothers can and i finally got what i've been after. sound that sooths the soul at 10500 rpms :-)

Archived