Forks

Guest John92

Guest John92

Hey everyone.

I am starting a VFR400 (1992 NC30) project bike. One of the areas I'm looking at altering are the forks for a more modern upside down setup. Can anybody tell me what more performance orientated forks or forks/yokes can be used with the VFR400?

• Member Contributer

Hey everyone.

I am starting a VFR400 (1992 NC30) project bike. One of the areas I'm looking at altering are the forks for a more modern upside down setup. Can anybody tell me what more performance orientated forks or forks/yokes can be used with the VFR400?

I know next to nothing about those little VFR's, but didn't the RVF400's have the USD forks? Might be a good place to start.

Guest John92

I took a look around and it appear the RFV400's do have USD forks, but they will also have different yokes to encorperate these forks. So a new question I suppose

Does anyone happen to know if RFV400 yokes will fit into a VRF400 frame without machining?

• Member Contributer

There was someone on the board here in the U.S. that had a VFR400 (NC30) with inverted forks ~ I think they were from an RC51, actually. Try making a thread with NC30 and/or Inverted Forks in the title and see if they show up to give you a hand.

Guest John92

I have found some yokes for a RVF400 cheapish in a local breaker's. Might go get them, see if they work, if they don't. I can resell on eBay, but hopfully they might

• Member Contributer

You should have a look at 400greybike. It's a UK-based forum dedicated to 400cc imports. You can be certain that at least 50 members have already swapped NC30 forks and the various paths are well known. I haven't looked into doing that, but ISTR that RVF400R forks aren't anything spcial.

Ciao,