Heated gear with 1 piece Roadcrafter suit

Conedodger

• Member Contributer

I have a 2 piece and run electric gear all the time either a vest or a full liner. Since I use a bib setup I just drop the lead between the layers.

Stich has several extension leads as well.

• Member Contributer

May I suggest a Teiz Lombard 1-piece,

I have one that I've been using daily for about 3 months and its a really great suit.

See more info here - a massive thread on ADV rider - the guys customer service is Outstanding.

Ive used it with Heated Gear from the 20's and with all vents vents open up to about 82 and felt very comfortable.

I normally use an Olympia Stealth 1-piece in the summer but looks like I wont be needing that anymore.

Good Luck with your decision!

I have looked at those. I do like that they have stretch panels above the knees and at the lower back. My concern is that they say they are not waterproof in extended periods of rain. Have you had a chance to try it in the rain?

Rode in a Stop and Go traffic Jam on our beloved beltway last week - was in a steady, heavy drizzle for about 80 minutes...

Was dry inside. I did take care to zip everything up and close the velcro main flap before I set off. I also took care to adjust the suit when I sat so water would not pool in the dreaded groin area.

I used the the fold-out hood under my helmet so the neck was dry as well.

I did soak and wash the suit with Nikwax before I wore it for the first time - that may have helped and it took away a lot of the uncomfortable stiffness of the new suit.

Per their website, they never bill their suits to be waterproof. The suits do require some maintenance to retain their excellent water resistant qualities. (I learned this when Dutch led me through a washing machine in Arkansas.) Just some Nikwax and Seam Grip yearly.

Before the Arkansas deluge, the worst I had ever got was the "damp crotch" after 70 miles in the rain.

As someone sort of alluded to above, I've been chilled on low-humidity 100° days. Rare, yes, but true. With a spritz of water on your shirt, evaporative cooling makes the worst day bearable.

You don't happen to be needing a 50S in Grey/Grey do you?

At 42 years old, I've grown an inch taller. What was a snug fit became unbearable and I now have a 50R.

Archived