Hard Luggage Replacement Parts

Guest Gamecock94

Guest Gamecock94

So I have a 6th Gen with factory hardbags and I snapped on of the fasteners on the internal bungie straps where you buckle them together. Does Honda sell these by chance?

• Member Contributer

So I have a 6th Gen with factory hardbags and I snapped on of the fasteners on the internal bungie straps where you buckle them together. Does Honda sell these by chance?

No, but Givi does. The oem bags are made by givi so see their website.

Also Twisted Throttle carries Givi parts.

I just broke them off completely after the first one snapped and got some of those small 1" or 1 1/2" carabiners that are at the checkout of every store.

• Member Contributer

I just broke them off completely after the first one snapped and got some of those small 1" or 1 1/2" carabiners that are at the checkout of every store.

There's a brilliant (and cheap too) idea! :fing02: I'll keep it in mind for when mine break. Thanks for the tip man!!

C

• Member Contributer

I might just break mine off...I hate those silly red puzzle links......sure its a simple little puzzle to figure out...but whats the point?.

Why not a simple push to click nylon snap buckle that works either way?, easy.

Does givi think we need a little test? oh yeah I can do it fine...but WHY?

rant over.

I might just break mine off...I hate those silly red puzzle links......sure its a simple little puzzle to figure out...but whats the point?.

rant over.

Plus 1

I realize there is a 50-50 chance of getting it right the first time, but why is one side ALLWAYS facing the wrong way?

• Member Contributer

rant over.

+1.gif No kidding!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

rant over.

Plus 1

I realize there is a 50-50 chance of getting it right the first time, but why is one side ALLWAYS facing the wrong way?

just like the proverbial dropped peanut butter toast : always land on the buttered side. Always!! :computer-noworky:

Ding! I like it! Easy to find and cheap...you're the man! :fing02:

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how to find the rubber boots that sit between the grab handles and the plastic? I bought some used OEM bags and they didn't come with the rubber boot. Now there is a gap between the handle and the plastic, and I can't find the part number for the boot anywhere online. TIA.

• Member Contributer

77312-MCW-D01 and 77313-MCW-D01 from Ron Ayers Microfiche site. Looks like they come as a set with the handle.

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/REAR_COWL/MakeID/1/Make/Honda/YearID/48/Year/2007/ModelID/4853/Model/VFR800A/GroupID/159982/Group/REAR_COWL

RonAyersSite

77312-MCW-D01 and 77313-MCW-D01 from Ron Ayers Microfiche site. Looks like they come as a set with the handle.

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/REAR_COWL/MakeID/1/Make/Honda/YearID/48/Year/2007/ModelID/4853/Model/VFR800A/GroupID/159982/Group/REAR_COWL

RonAyersSite

Thanks but I don't think those are the ones. The ones I'm referring to are much thicker (~1/4") and take up the gap when you add the saddlebag brackets. I looked at my stock grab handles and they have a thin ~1/16" rubber boot which I think is what is being referred to in the microfiche.

I found them here:

http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Honda&T=VFR800A&Y=2008&L=HO-VFR800A8&O=PANNIER%20SET%20+%20STAYS&F=HO-VFR800A8-HZ&L2=HO-VFR800A6-HZ

But that place is in Europe and I hate ordering from across the pond, my CC always hits me with huge fees and shipping/customs takes forever. I will call the dealership tomorrow.

Archived