6th gen tail on a 5th gen?

keny

Question

Ok, I own a 5th gen and do like it, but I also like the tail of a 6th gen. Ok I know it might be heavyer than a 5th gen, but still the underseat twin silenser exhaust rocks. I know some of you have done a underseat exhaust to the 5th gen, but no thanks, I would perfer a 6th gen tail. I dont want a 6th gen otherwise, I like the 5th gen front better, and the gear driven cams better, the Viffer sound from them etc....

So now I wounder how hard it would be to do it? Not this winters project, but maybe next :biggrin:

And I know here is good photoshop users on this bord, so a glimt of how it would look would sure be nice :cool:

8 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Forget the 6th gen. tail and put a CBR1000RR tail on it. See this bike? It's a 5th gen. VFR like yours. The entire tail section (subframe, cowl, etc.) came off a CBR1000RR while the rest of the bodywork is RC51.

VFR-800-RR-Bioblade.jpg

VFR-800-RR-Bioblade-5.jpg

The only thing I would have done differently is given it a paint job like this one and added an 8 spoke rear wheel:

med_gallery_14426_4027_728434.jpg

Forget the 6th gen. tail and put a CBR1000RR tail on it. See this bike? It's a 5th gen. VFR like yours. The entire tail section (subframe, cowl, etc.) came off a CBR1000RR while the rest of the bodywork is RC51.

Well the CBR1000RR tail is cool, but it aint a tail you will ride 2 up in comfort.

Thats my goal, and also a reason I upgrade from ly old 87- VFR to a newer, as the leg angles of the pasenger is far better on the 3rd gen on. The 7th gen being a step back thro what I heard.

If I would not have tho think about passenger comfort, I would rather put a 916 tail on than a 1000RR thro.

The 6th gens tail is a great compromis I think. Have to see, have to see.....

Archived