Riding up to Mt.Baker

V-FORE

• Member Contributer

I have an open weekend & it looks like Sunday is going to be nice so I am thinking of going up to Mt Baker, But this time I am going to fill up the tank...almost a year ago I went up there & ended up coasting down...

I think this time I wlll attach my camera to the bike :fing02: If anyone would like to meet up let me know :fing02:

Gary

:angry: still mad that I missed Troutdale :pissed:

• Member Contributer

I am heading up Thursday at 4pm if you're interested.

Sunday is a possibility but it would have to be later.

I live in White Rock BC so it's easy for me to cross the border.

• Member Contributer

I have an open weekend & it looks like Sunday is going to be nice so I am thinking of going up to Mt Baker, But this time I am going to fill up the tank...almost a year ago I went up there & ended up coasting down...

I think this time I wlll attach my camera to the bike :laughing6-hehe: If anyone would like to meet up let me know :fing02:

Gary

:angry: still mad that I missed Troutdale :goofy:

Hey Gary,

You mean THIS weekend, right? I'm leaving on Sat evening (red eye) for a couple of conferences in Central Canada. In about 3 weeks, I'd be interested. Any chance you'll go back? Just saying...

Christian

• Member Contributer

I'm suppose to good to Silverwood this weekend but it's not firm yet. If it falls through, I'm in. I should know by tomorrow Wednesday night.

• Member Contributer

Hey Gary,

You mean THIS weekend, right? I'm leaving on Sat evening (red eye) for a couple of conferences in Central Canada. In about 3 weeks, I'd be interested. Any chance you'll go back? Just saying...

Christian

Christian,

Let me know when, I have been know to go back for more, just a time or two.... :comp13:

I am heading up Thursday at 4pm if you're interested.

Sunday is a possibility but it would have to be later.

I live in White Rock BC so it's easy for me to cross the border.

Elevation,

I wish I could run up their Thurs but with work & traffic I wouldn't get home till 6ish so the weekend it must be... Let me know how your evening ride goes!

Gary

• Member Contributer

Sorry, going to Silverwood. Maybe next time.

Have fun! I hope the weather changes back before Sunday or I might bag it also :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Last nights Mt Baker run was great. It threatened rain at various times but we never got wet. At the top of Mt Baker it was pretty chilly (48F). Then I decided to take a slow ride up to Artist's Point and that was complete fog and 39F! I didn't stick around long. The fog was so thick I got somewhat lost at the top in the parking lot and corners were not appearing like they should! On the way back down we stopped at El Nopal for some mexican. Warmed up with some extra hot habanero salsa before riding home. On the ride home we were treated with a thunder and lightening storm off in the distance. Beautiful!

If the weather is somewhat cool. Mt Baker will be VERY cold at the top but if it is warm it is fine. Weather for Sunday looks good. What time do you think you will be up there? I have some morning plans but I could make it later. It all depends on when you are going to head up.

• Member Contributer

Sorry, going to Silverwood. Maybe next time.

Such a fun little theme park. Went there wife my wife last month. Only down side is the water in the water slides are not heated. Waiting in line got cold a few times.

• Member Contributer

Last nights Mt Baker run was great. It threatened rain at various times but we never got wet. At the top of Mt Baker it was pretty chilly (48F). Then I decided to take a slow ride up to Artist's Point and that was complete fog and 39F! I didn't stick around long. The fog was so thick I got somewhat lost at the top in the parking lot and corners were not appearing like they should! On the way back down we stopped at El Nopal for some mexican. Warmed up with some extra hot habanero salsa before riding home. On the ride home we were treated with a thunder and lightening storm off in the distance. Beautiful!

If the weather is somewhat cool. Mt Baker will be VERY cold at the top but if it is warm it is fine. Weather for Sunday looks good. What time do you think you will be up there? I have some morning plans but I could make it later. It all depends on when you are going to head up.

Have no times planned as of yet just riding for the sake of riding I will probably go in the afternoon when it is a little nicer. It would be nice to meet you if you are up for a ride again let me know

Gary

• Member Contributer

Let's try and meet here for about 2pm or 3pm. Does that work? We can use this thread to see if we can get a few more people or we can start send text messages to coordinate.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=shell&sll=48.913926,-122.006264&sspn=0.146659,0.33474&ie=UTF8&hq=shell&hnear=&ll=48.920243,-122.021027&spn=0.14664,0.33474&z=12&iwloc=A

Shell

7797 Silver Lake Road

Maple Falls, WA 98266, United States

• Member Contributer

Enjoyed a 200 mile ride today up to Mt Baker & back :fing02: At the top Artist point is was sprinkling On the way back got caught in light then heavy rain for about 5 minutes, not bad :biggrin: Here is a link to a video going 360 around the top...

As soon as I edit the rest of the video I will put a link up

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Might be going back up there Sunday, Weather looks like Sunny, 55 degrees Anybody else feel like Joining in before winter hits?

Archived