VFR1200F insurance rates

Guest roadpilot

• Member Contributer

I just renewed for the year. Bumped mine up to full coverage with progessive for $228. That includes comp, towing up to 100 miles and only a $250 deductible. This is for my 2002 vfr800. Not bad at. All for New Jersey! The Land of High Insurance Rates.

I was gonna stick with liability but after a car came into my lane last year, running me off the road. I bumped it up so the bike is covered. Worth the $200 IMO.

• Member Contributer

When I moved from Jersey City back to Dallas, the insurance on my SUV went down about 45% and the insurance on my motorcycle went up about 40% (or something like that).

Since I'd like to get a VFR1200, I priced the insurance on it. For the same level of coverage I've got on my VFR800, my annual premium would increase from $650 to $1,400 (a 115% increase).

Insurance is not something you want to skimp on. Even though my SUV and VFR800 are paid off, I still carry full coverage on both (I've got renter's insurance, too.) I normally don't offer people unsolicited advice but I will say this: If you can't afford full coverage insurance, don't buy the bike.

Insurance for my 2010 VFR1200F is about $30-35/month with State Farm. Nothing on my record. I do have all cars/motorcycles/house through State Farm which might help with the rate. We're in Washington State so that might help with the rates.

Archived