Wiring Diagram Needed

MadScientist

• Member Contributer

Well the VFR is under the knife do to some fuel injector issues, so what better time to light my wallet on fire do some midsummer mods. Anyway, the injectors are on their way to WitchHunter Perf right now and I'll be ordering the PCV "retrofit" kit from fuel moto in the next couple days.

Before I do that, I want to take a look at the 6th gen wiring diagram (06-09 if it makes a difference) and find out if I need to do any modification to the wiring harness for this to work. I would prefer not to download the entire 6th gen manual. So if someone could take a few screen shots of that section and email me, I would much appreciate it.

Now off to the exhaust shop to get that O2 bung welded on....

• Member Contributer

Well the VFR is under the knife do to some fuel injector issues, so what better time to light my wallet on fire do some midsummer mods. Anyway, the injectors are on their way to WitchHunter Perf right now and I'll be ordering the PCV "retrofit" kit from fuel moto in the next couple days.

Before I do that, I want to take a look at the 6th gen wiring diagram (06-09 if it makes a difference) and find out if I need to do any modification to the wiring harness for this to work. I would prefer not to download the entire 6th gen manual. So if someone could take a few screen shots of that section and email me, I would much appreciate it.

Now off to the exhaust shop to get that O2 bung welded on....

Do a search by user name and look for Coderighter. He is the man when it comes to 6th Gen and the PCV. However, he is currently on vacation and might not be able to answer you directly, but you can always shoot him a PM and try. Who knows, he might have the stuff you are looking for already in a thread he made on his PCV.

Good Luck!!

• Member Contributer

I've read through his posts and it seems to be straight up plug n play with any of the 6th gen bikes. However, I'm putting it on a 5th gen. Anyone done this yet? I need to make sure that the throttle body harness connection is the same on both models, if not I need to figure out what wiring needs "adjustment".

• Member Contributer

I've read through his posts and it seems to be straight up plug n play with any of the 6th gen bikes. However, I'm putting it on a 5th gen. Anyone done this yet? I need to make sure that the throttle body harness connection is the same on both models, if not I need to figure out what wiring needs "adjustment".

I posted up the 5th gen PCV install question previously... hopefully, Coderighter will see this one. Please post up your PCV retrofit info for all of us 5th gen owners so we all can benefit. Thanks...

:fing02: :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I saw your thread and wasn't sure if you went through with the install. Unless I hear some bad news from the injector shop, the PC-V is a go. I found what I was looking for in the files area and it looks like it may be plug n play with the 5th gen too. Seems both use the same 10P connector for the throttle body electronics. Hopefully the pin arrangement is the same. For now I'll assume that it is.... :biggrin:

Looks like Honda moved that connector to the right side of the airbox (per PC-V install instructions) on the 6th gen bikes. On a 5th gen it is located behind the left fairing, just above the radiator.

Unless some sixth gen owner wants to go find the grey 10P connector for the TB electronics and take a picture of the wire colors for us...

wiring_comparo.png

• Member Contributer

I saw your thread and wasn't sure if you went through with the install. Unless I hear some bad news from the injector shop, the PC-V is a go. I found what I was looking for in the files area and it looks like it may be plug n play with the 5th gen too. Seems both use the same 10P connector for the throttle body electronics. Hopefully the pin arrangement is the same. For now I'll assume that it is.... :biggrin:

Looks like Honda moved that connector to the right side of the airbox (per PC-V install instructions) on the 6th gen bikes. On a 5th gen it is located behind the left fairing, just above the radiator.

Unless some sixth gen owner wants to go find the grey 10P connector for the TB electronics and take a picture of the wire colors for us...

Thanks MadMan,

I've got an old PC2 right now and it works for my current configuration. I'm looking to make some serious intake mods that would require a PCV w/ autotune (i.e. ram air induction). I'll let you be the guinea pig... sorry, somebody's got to be first and I'm not at that point yet where I'm ready to pull the trigger. I've got the full 5th gen manual if you need any support and I'm willing to pitch in any way I can. Let me know. Thanks... Rush

• Member Contributer

I've installed a PCV on my 98 without any issues, except a faulty DJ unit. They swapped me out for a new one without any quesion.

Installation of the temp/gear leads was about an hour job, including plastic removal and installation.

Here is my topic regarding an ongoing engine mod process. Page 3 has the pics of the temp/gear wire installation.

It is pretty neat to see your engine information shown on a computer screen....

• Member Contributer

Hey, Thanks sa1713 for taking up the slack so I can be on vacation....... Shhh....., have to go before the wife gets out of the shower and catches me POV (posting on vacation)............

:blink:

• Member Contributer

Hey, Thanks sa1713 for taking up the slack so I can be on vacation....... Shhh....., have to go before the wife gets out of the shower and catches me POV (posting on vacation)............

:laughing6-hehe:

Dude,

Don't tell my wife either... we're on vacation too!!! I'm addicted to my VFR and VFRD... I needed my fix!!! :pissed:

Is that strange?!? :angry: