Delkevic goods

Guest Goosechef

Guest Goosechef

I've seen Delkevic has a set of headers and slip ons that seem very reasonable compared to the coin some other pipes cost. What are folks saying about them?

I was thinking of getting these Delkevic Headers. They're a third the price of the Motads. I read through the above thread. but it didn't say anything about the headers, just the pipe?. I remember Kaldek had problems mountiong his, but I think they were Motads?.

I wonder if anyone is interested in a group buy?

• Member Contributer

Delkevic apparently don't line their headers with mesh and apparently it makes them sound "raspy".

Aside from that, I don't see how they would be worse than the Motad units. They're pretty much a clone of that system.

• Member Contributer

I was thinking of getting these Delkevic Headers. They're a third the price of the Motads. I read through the above thread. but it didn't say anything about the headers, just the pipe?. I remember Kaldek had problems mountiong his, but I think they were Motads?.

The problems are apparently the same with both manufacturers and your mileage may vary. Regardless, the solution is the same for both - heat them with a gas torch and bend them to fit so the heat shield fits back on.

• Member Contributer

I've seen Delkevic has a set of headers and slip ons that seem very reasonable compared to the coin some other pipes cost. What are folks saying about them?

I've got a Delk pipe on my 5th gen - looks and sounds good - not bad for the price I reckon :goofy:

gallery_19264_5124_54761.jpg

Delkevic Close-Up

• 2 weeks later...

I have a delkevic catless header on my 6th gen with Leo cans. It did need a bit of "tweaking" but went on and lined up fine. I am running a PC3 USB with O2 sims and custom map anyway so not having the O2 bungs was not a problem.

but wait a minute all you guys that are saying you need to tweak the delkevic's have vtec bikes.

Honda lists a totally different header for the vtec bikes compared to the 98-01 bikes.

Delkevic doesn't even list the header for the Vtec, they only list it for the 98-01 bikes.

Archived