Looks Like I found a stablemate

V-FORE

• Member Contributer

:cheerleader: I looked at a '83 Sabre today, Very nice shape, only thing missing is the optical cable lock, Bike only has 21k on her :dry: Looks like I found a new commuter! The only problem is carbs are leaking, if this is like my old Sabre the float bowl gaskets are trashed, I used to have to reseal mine every 5 weeks or so, because at the time I was to cheap to buy a whole gasket set about 35 apiece x 4 16 years ago :beer: Seeing it sure brought back memories :happy: So any thoughts on the old Sabre??

gallery_8073_2451_26595.jpg

Looking at this one

gallery_8073_2451_1516.jpg

• Member Contributer

I would but it only if they threw in the white 83 Luv truck or is that a Datsun in the background? I have many bikes, the best commuter is something light, upright, great visibility and nimble. Believe it or not this bike rocks in city traffic, my commuter of choice.

687441238_b228j-X2.jpg

I say go for a testride first, its a great bike Honda, but will seem like a dinosaur after your VFR. Try before you buy.

• Member Contributer

I would but it only if they threw in the white 83 Luv truck or is that a Datsun in the background? I have many bikes, the best commuter is something light, upright, great visibility and nimble. Believe it or not this bike rocks in city traffic, my commuter of choice.

687441238_b228j-X2.jpg

I say go for a testride first, its a great bike Honda, but will seem like a dinosaur after your VFR. Try before you buy.

Thanks!, I have gotten away from the emotions now, you are right, I think I am going to look for a little dual sport for my whopping 27 mile commute!

• Member Contributer

I just came across this I have heard that these were very reliable....1988 w/27k... any info would be appreciated

Gary

gallery_8073_2451_235232.jpg

I just came across this I have heard that these were very reliable....1988 w/27k... any info would be appreciated

Gary

It was the gold standard for it's day. Cam chain rattle issues and not easy to replace as it's placed in the middle of the head between each set of cyln.

I brought an 87 back to life a few years back, lots of power but very heavy at 650+lbs :laughing6-hehe:

The V&H 4to1 SuperSport pipe I put on would tear your eardrums out in the upper R's

Lots of info here:

http://cbrforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

post-13109-127240174946_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

Gary

It was the gold standard for it's day. Cam chain rattle issues and not easy to replace as it's placed in the middle of the head between each set of cyln.

I brought an 87 back to life a few years back, lots of power but very heavy at 650+lbs :ohmy:

The V&H 4to1 SuperSport pipe I put on would tear your eardrums out in the upper R's

Lots of info here:

http://cbrforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Thank you :fing02: I haven't heard back yet, but for the price, it looks like a great buy so hopefully he calls & I can possible pick it up on my way home from work :bliss: and I will have something to ride while I put my baby back together!

• Member Contributer

I had a 1982 Sabre, brand new at the time. I actually installed a Hannigan fairing on mine. It worked quite well with a set of soft luggage. The only real problem I had was the mufflers themselves rusted out which made for a lot of noise. I was in the middle of a trip to Ontario at the time!!!!

Archived