Switching from Convertibars back to Stock

ECX585

Question

• Member Contributer

I currently have Convertibar risers with longer cables/lines on my 6th gen, and I want to go back to the OEM clip-ons. Are these longer lines going to be an issue if I leave them? The forks have been raised up on the triple clamp (to lower the front end) by about two inches and I'm going to undo that as well, which should take up some of the slack caused by removing the risers.

4 answers to this question

You won't have any problems. I've got mine set up to run as both a streetfighter (one-piece Renthal bar on modified CBR929 top triple) and as a sportsbike (fairings on, billet clip-ons). When I ordered my HEL custom-built brakelines I had the same concern - but HEL advised me that the extra 7.5cm (75mm or ) was not a problem as 'slack', so long as I had the appropriate locators for the lines to keep them from rubbing on the hardware, and that's how it's worked out. No photos at the moment but I can get some if you like - but it's not an issue.

• Member Contributer

You won't have any problems. I've got mine set up to run as both a streetfighter (one-piece Renthal bar on modified CBR929 top triple) and as a sportsbike (fairings on, billet clip-ons). When I ordered my HEL custom-built brakelines I had the same concern - but HEL advised me that the extra 7.5cm (75mm or ) was not a problem as 'slack', so long as I had the appropriate locators for the lines to keep them from rubbing on the hardware, and that's how it's worked out. No photos at the moment but I can get some if you like - but it's not an issue.

Thank you.

I currently have Convertibar risers with longer cables/lines on my 6th gen, and I want to go back to the OEM clip-ons. Are these longer lines going to be an issue if I leave them? The forks have been raised up on the triple clamp (to lower the front end) by about two inches and I'm going to undo that as well, which should take up some of the slack caused by removing the risers.

I would like to buy your convertibars. I have a 99 vfr as well. my email i jmcclelland@mchsi.com or 515-240-6706 Thanks, Jim

Do you have any pictures of your line mountings? I'm making up some custom lines for my Convertibars (N/A from them at the moment) and I'm trying to figure out why they specify a "90 degree face to the side" connection to the master cylinder. Is it a clearance issue? Does it give more adjustability?

Archived