Fatigue and Touring.

Guest rc36Honda

• Forum CEO

I work 7pm to 7am so my sleep habits are all off the scale! It generally takes me 3 days to flip back to sleeping at night, right around the time I have to return to work for my work week. The funny thing is riding a motorcycle across country helps alot to keep me awake. I can flip a day earlier. Problem is I flip 180 degrees, so I get tired right around 7pm, like a darned old timey farmer! In bed by 8pm! and up before the sun comes up. The hardest thing for me is to wake up at 8am and say awake past 9pm, its almost impossible without at least a week off work.

Like I said though riding a motorcycle seems to cure me of that, as long as I dont go without sleep for more than 20 hrs. Little 4 hr naps do wonders for me.

Good read.

My worse time is if I leave early in the morning before dawn. Right as the sun is coming up I just get soooo tired. I have even fell asleep..be it just for a second, guess it was one of those mircosleeps they spoke of...on the bike once. Scared the h$%# out of me.

• Member Contributer

Good read.

My worse time is if I leave early in the morning before dawn. Right as the sun is coming up I just get soooo tired. I have even fell asleep..be it just for a second, guess it was one of those mircosleeps they spoke of...on the bike once. Scared the h$%# out of me.

Same thing with me. That first gas stop usually snaps me out of it, though. It's just making it there that's a little bit hairy.schla15.gif

Archived