Audio Connection

Bthomas

• Member Contributer

For those of you running handlebar mounted or in-front-of-the-tank mounted stereo, Ipod, GPS or whatever... Do you hook your headphones/earphones up front near your source or do you run an extension that comes up between the seat and the gas tank or do you do something entirely different? I run my phones up front right now, but the wire from my helmet to the front sometimes becomes tangled with my GPS and at speed seems to fly all over the place... I'm installing Tightwad's fuse block this weekend and thinking of running an extension from my stereo/ipod/gps to a spot between the seat and the tank instead of using the plug on my Jensen up front.

What is working well for you?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Yep, in-between the tank and the seat works great for me. It's also the shortest distance I think once you factor in your legs getting in the way if they came from any other direction below. I know of one fella who likes his wires to dangle in front of him and they just lay on the tank or whatever... obviously tied rear of the bars.

• Member Contributer

I've been playing with motorbike audio for nearly as long as I've been riding motorbikes, and I'd have to go with between the seat and the tank as being the most convenient place to have the plug--at least for the driver! Passengers would probably prefer the connection being behind and to the side.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Thanks Guys!

I'm thinking the extension coming up betw the seat and tank is the way to go. That way the cord won't always be flippin' in the wind... I'll post a pic when I'm done with all of it.

Archived