A completely different tire changer question

gstanfield

• Member Contributer

Well,I have a lot of hobbies and I was wondering if there is one tire changer that will work on all my toys. I can modify it if needed, but would like something that at least comes close. I need to mount tires on the VFR of course, but also 35" mud tires on 16x10 wheels as well as sports car tires on 17x11 wheels. I see that the standard no-mar is not rated for this capacity, nor is any changer in my price range. I'm thinking of buying the harbor friehgt job and seeing if I can just modify it to work, afterall it's just cut and weld to make it bigger (right???) I'm a very capable fabricator, I just don't want to waste the money if someone else has went before me and found out there is no way to make it work.

So, ideas, suggestions, sarcastic comments??

Thanks,

George

• Member Contributer

Don't forget that first and foremost the HF tire changer is a car tire changer. The motorcycle part is an add-on. So I would imagine it would work, but I've not tried so can't say for sure. The included mount/dismount tool would probably work fine with car tires as long as you don't have fancy rims that could get scratched. JMO doncha know.

• Member Contributer

The No-Mar Jr. Pro would fit the bill and that's the model I own. I've never tried a 35" mud tire, or anything but motorcycle tires actually, but I'm very pleased with the product I have.

Archived