NEW WINTER GEAR REVIEW

skuuter

• Forum CEO

I had a Scorpion I rode with for a season, I can vouch for the no fog shield. However I think it is partly due to the huge amount of air being vented inside the helmet. So much so I had dry eyes and windburn on some rides. Litterly my face would be windburned after a ride, I had to start smearing on spf30 creames and chapstick to keep from drying up. My eyes watered so bad I could hardly see sometimes. I ended up giving up on the helmet and getting a Nolan. Seems to be a trade off venting and anti fog.

Riding in the cold I did for 2 years to and from work. I did not drive a car for that period cause the car did not run and I did not want to fix it. Well I just didnt enjoy it at all so I fixed my car instead. In the cold I lose my ability to ride well, my body just stiffens up too much. Also I dont like sliding down the road cause I hit a patch of ice I could not see, another injury I still feel. So no more dirtbike trail riding and no more riding below 50 degrees or in the snow.

I dont ride in cold much anymore since I dont enjoy it at all, I stopped doing any sort of riding I dont enjoy. Trail riding for instance I dont enjoy much, seems too much like getting beat up (literally busted pelvis, broken ribs). I always manage to get lost on the trail too and end up stuck somewhere I have no clue how to get out. Trail ends at the bottom of a steep grade and the only way out is the way I came in, but the grade is all loose gravel and the bike wont get up it, gets stuck in the loose gravely hill. I am scratching my head wondering how the hell I ended up like this. I finally end up going throught he trees zig zagging up the hill way way off trail tearing up area thats not meant to be torn up cause I took the right instead of the left at the last fork in the trail. I hated doing that but I was tuckered out trying to dig the bike out from the loose gravel for 8 tries up the hill. It wasnt fun - I was scared a bit casue it was getting late and raining cold and I had no idea where the hell I was. I got out by going pioneer and ended up back on the right trail by sheer luck dead reckoning a general direction hoping I would run into it and not get stuck again - till I found a dirt road and got to a main road from there. I still have no idea where it was I got stuck.

Archived