Pc V On A 5th Gen

JES_VFR

Question

Here goes,

Since the pc III USB for both 5th and 6th generation VFR's is the same box and harness with different maps in it.

and The PC V is backwards compatible when it comes to the 6th generations. I was wondering.

Has anyone tried to make a PC V work on a 5th gen???

The reason is I'm working on a "Special" project and will need to be able to swap between maps on the test bike (which right now is going to be my VFR).

If I go with the PC III USB, there are several additional pieces (multi function hub, map switch module, etc) I will need to make it work which will just about double the cost of the PC install.

That and the specific maps for each gear could be important to the success of this project.

So has anyone tried it yet???

I'd hate get it on this shoe string budget right now, not have it work at all and have to sell it to get the PC III only to have some one else sort out.

Anybody

SEB?

BLS?

• Member Contributer

Thank you again for the info.

I did the shade tree comparison on the sub harness that plugs from the main harness to the injector rail. Yes, the same part number from 98-01. JES VFR turned me onto FuelMoto's site which shows their application for the PC V to run all the way back to the 00 year. All I'll have to do is add a bung so I can use the Auto Tune.

I appreciate all of your guidance.

Code, ever get the hesitation worked out?

• Member Contributer
Thank you again for the info.

I did the shade tree comparison on the sub harness that plugs from the main harness to the injector rail. Yes, the same part number from 98-01. JES VFR turned me onto FuelMoto's site which shows their application for the PC V to run all the way back to the 00 year. All I'll have to do is add a bung so I can use the Auto Tune.

I appreciate all of your guidance.

Code, ever get the hesitation worked out?

Well, not sure which hesitation you're talking about but currently, I have none. Smooth as butter! Might want to check out this:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...c=55279&hl=

Also, my Autotune came with a bung included, even thou I didn't need it.

The connector is known as the throttle body connector. Luckly, Honda used the same connector on VFR from '98-'09, wire for wire, at least according to the Honda service manuals and Dynojets own install instructions. See images below.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does that mean that on my 1999 VFR, I can use a standard PCV for a 2009 model and not need the retrofit one from Fuel Moto? Not really sure what this "bung" you are discussing, but it sounds like it isn't all that big of a deal to do?

• Member Contributer

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does that mean that on my 1999 VFR, I can use a standard PCV for a 2009 model and not need the retrofit one from Fuel Moto? Not really sure what this "bung" you are discussing, but it sounds like it isn't all that big of a deal to do?

I believe what Fuel Moto considers retrofit are models that DJ does not support, ie fuel mapping and such. The "bung" is the threaded nut that is welded to the header so that the PCV w/ Auto Tune can read the F/A ratios and make the adjustments.

As soon as I settle on a header system I'm going forward with the PCV with the Auto Tune add on. With help from JES and Code, we all can benefit from the collective information.

Archived