Pciii Usb Map, Your Opinions Please

46alpha

• Member Contributer

I'm looking for others opinions of maps who might have a similar set up.

06 with LV slip ons, BMC air filter, Radio Shack o2 elims.

Because its an 06 Cozye's map is out, I've tried the stock (ran very rich) & the Satintunes map off of DJ's site. No luck so far. I plan on getting a custom map done when I've got the time/money/inclination, but for interim can anyone share what they've had good luck with?

TIA smile.gif

Because its an 06 Cozye's map is out, I've tried the stock (ran very rich) & the Satintunes map off of DJ's site. No luck so far. I plan on getting a custom map done when I've got the time/money/inclination, but for interim can anyone share what they've had good luck with?

TIA smile.gif

I have the same setup so give me a little bit and I will post my map. My laptop died so I have to install the software and go plugin to the PC and download the map again.

Ok I uploaded my map under the downloads/power commander maps forum section with the name of buzzbeater.

My bike setup:

2006 model

O2 elims

BMC air filter

98-99 header

LV exhaust

• Member Contributer

Wow that was quick! Buzzbeater, thanks so much, I really appreciate you doing that. I'll load it up & let you know how it turned out.

Bailey I did a search & found some chatter about someone doing it but couldn't find the actual map. To bad, I keep hearing how great Cozye's map is.

TIA smile.gif

I have the same setup so give me a little bit and I will post my map. My laptop died so I have to install the software and go plugin to the PC and download the map again.

• Member Contributer
Wow that was quick! Buzzbeater, thanks so much, I really appreciate you doing that. I'll load it up & let you know how it turned out.

Bailey I did a search & found some chatter about someone doing it but couldn't find the actual map. To bad, I keep hearing how great Cozye's map is.

TIA smile.gif

That map is for Catless headers, if you don't have them, that map will be WAY too rich for you. Look around here for the version of Cozy'e's map modded for 06+ bikes, I think it'll run much better for you.

• Member Contributer

46alpha...where is your pic with new exhaust????

I'm considering a PC, but I think I want to get my seat modded first.

TIA smile.gif

I have a map for an 06' with this set-up: two brothers, k&n, no 02 sensors, pcIII.

If you would like to try this, PM me and I will see what I can do.

That map is for Catless headers, if you don't have them, that map will be WAY too rich for you. Look around here for the version of Cozy'e's map modded for 06+ bikes, I think it'll run much better for you.

Yep that is true. I just assumed having a PCiii was because the CAT was gone. Putting the 98-99 header on was a great upgrade for me.

• Member Contributer

Catless headers would be nice. The 98-99 ones are hard to come by & the Motads are out of my price range right now.

I'll keep looking for the elusive modified Cozye map, but I've yet to turn up anything. The search feature can be fussy sometimes.

I loaded up the Micron map from PC's site last night, trying that out today.

Pics will get posted, sorry about that. Its been crazy. Last weekend the Catskill mnts, this weekend is prep for the track. Two days at Louden then I'm taking the wife to Orlando the next day for her Bday. That's the main reason I haven't had it Dynoed yet. No time!

The do look dead nuts nice tho & the sound is the cats

a$$ smile.gif

• Member Contributer
Catless headers would be nice. The 98-99 ones are hard to come by & the Motads are out of my price range right now.

I'll keep looking for the elusive modified Cozye map, but I've yet to turn up anything. The search feature can be fussy sometimes.

Pics will get posted, sorry about that. Its been crazy. Last weekend the Catskill mnts, this weekend is prep for the track. Two days at Louden then I'm taking the wife to Orlando the next day for her Bday. That's the main reason I haven't had it Dynoed yet. No time!

a$ smile.gif

Here ya go:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=84

• Member Contributer

Now how the heck did I miss that? Man I must be slipping in my old age. My bad. Thanks so much Ryanme17. I'll load that up tonight & give it a run.

Catless headers would be nice. The 98-99 ones are hard to come by . . . . . . . . .

Just buy some new ones. I got mine from Ron Ayers and they weren't all that bad. That way you know what you're getting. If you do go the Ron Ayers route, get the '98 headers. He has the wrong part numbers for the rear '99 head pipes and it will screw you up big time trying to figure that one out.

• Member Contributer
Catless headers would be nice. The 98-99 ones are hard to come by . . . . . . . . .

Just buy some new ones. I got mine from Ron Ayers and they weren't all that bad. That way you know what you're getting. If you do go the Ron Ayers route, get the '98 headers. He has the wrong part numbers for the rear '99 head pipes and it will screw you up big time trying to figure that one out.

$500 is a bit of a savings, but still past my price point right now. Something to think about for my winter mod fest :warranty:

• Member Contributer

a$ smile.gif

Here ya go:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=84

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Just loaded this up & went for a quick rip. Very nice. Lunges off the line, throttle was a bit twitchy is 1st but not too bad (much better than stock was) Vtec was smooth as silk right up thru the gears, nice little push but not harsh. I'm going by the ole "seat of the pants dyno" but the bike felt much stronger. This one's a keeper!

Archived