Palomar Ride Saturday 8/15

ShayneJack

AUGUST SO CAL VFRD RIDE - PALOMAR

MEETUP LOCATION: PARK N RIDE on PALA RD just west of I-15

MEETUP TIME: 7:30AM

DEPARTURE TIME: 8:00AM

BREAKFAST: 9:30-10:30AM in JULIAN

FINISH: 1:30-2:00PM estimate

This will be a VERY HOT ride, make sure to hydrate and bring water with you.

RIDE ROSTER

A-GROUP

ihilker

toddulu

redneck7769

+ guest

+ guest

JBAXX

spike

VFR Capt. Bob

KroNus

HighSpeedWobble

B-GROUP

shaynej

+ guest

+ guest

GutsyGibbon

Richard - Buell

+ guest

+ guest

SICK-GROUP

alwaysaware

Please PM with two emergency contact information.

Also, let me know if you want to be group A or B (fast or moderate)

Riders in italics are tentative

• Member Contributer

Cough cough cough,,,,,, did somebody call my name,,,,

:dry:

Im still trying to figure out if I will be back from vacation or not for this one.

Hello To All,

Im a newbie to this site as I just purchased my 2006 VFR Yesterday. So count me in!

disturbed that you posted the green icon and your name is HighSpeedWobble...

But you SIGNED THE FLAFF! so I guess that makes it ok! :laugh:

Welcome Kelly!

• Member Contributer

Add me in Shayne.

Pretty much been jobless since late June. :dry: All but the paperwork.

Be back from Georgia on the 8/5. Let me know if anything else goes on before this ride.

Lookin forward to riden with youall. Hope not a farewell ride.

• Member Contributer
Hello To All,

Im a newbie to this site as I just purchased my 2006 VFR Yesterday. So count me in!

disturbed that you posted the green icon and your name is HighSpeedWobble...

But you SIGNED THE FLAFF! so I guess that makes it ok! :dry:

Welcome Kelly!

What the hell is a flaff! Im disturbed you say I signed it! The green icon is a puckered butt while doing a speed wobble! LOL!

Thanks for having me!

• Member Contributer

Ok guys, Ran into trouble yesterday with my bike on the way home from church. and I just got the damn thing! Head Lights, all instruments, tail lights quit working! But it continued to run and the turn signals kept working. After reading some threads here it appears to be an on going issue with the electrical harness and and 30 amp fuse under seat! Im not to mechanically inclined to be fixing this stuff! Have you guys had this problem? My bike has a little over 7000 miles on it. Im ready to take it back and trade it in as it doesnt seem that there is a permanent fix for this and all be damned if I didnt spend alot of money on this bike to be having it breakdown along side the road like a Harley! The dealer is closed today but open tomorrow and I just might take it back! What do you guys think?

• Member Contributer
Ok guys, Ran into trouble yesterday with my bike on the way home from church. and I just got the damn thing! Head Lights, all instruments, tail lights quit working! But it continued to run and the turn signals kept working. After reading some threads here it appears to be an on going issue with the electrical harness and and 30 amp fuse under seat! Im not to mechanically inclined to be fixing this stuff! Have you guys had this problem? My bike has a little over 7000 miles on it. Im ready to take it back and trade it in as it doesnt seem that there is a permanent fix for this and all be damned if I didnt spend alot of money on this bike to be having it breakdown along side the road like a Harley! The dealer is closed today but open tomorrow and I just might take it back! What do you guys think?

PM VFR Capt.Bob.... he's good at this stuff ! !

IIRC Honda fixed all of the electric gremlins that plagued the earlier VFRs in 2006. All of the things you mentioned work off of one fuse which is housed under your right fairing. Swap the fuse and see what that does for you. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Ok, was able to download owners manuel from here and figured out how to replace the fuse. Fixed it for now, will ride to honda tomorrow for test ride and pick up some 10 amp fuses for that just incase it happens again because I used my spare.

Hope you guys dont mind me wearing my bright pink full leathers and rabbit ears on my helmet! ROFLMAO!

• Member Contributer
Whos bringing a fanny pack to carry some water?

No fanny pack here...

fannypack.jpg

...but I will probably be wearing my camel back!

15404155-20090718_PalomarMountain_0.jpg

First off, Ill trade you my stock exhaust for yours? hehehe! And just to let you guys know I wont be draging my left knee like him cuz of my ACL surgery I had 2 months ago, but maybe the right will be fine! Dont know if that picture is you with the fanny pack but that ones way to small but the fanny pack straped to the back of your bike will work or you will need to bring two straws for your camel back! LOL!

Hope you guys dont mind me wearing my bright pink full leathers and rabbit ears on my helmet! ROFLMAO!

You are now officially the leader of the A group. We will send you out about 15 minutes before ANYONE else starts off. My reasoning is that any law enforcement officers that see you ride by will be in tears and unable to perform their normal duties for at least 30 minutes. YOU ARE NOW THE DECOY...

Archived